• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this X-Men #102

8 posts in this topic

what's with the glare and shadows in the picture of the back cover ?  That Shadow is on the front 2 ...I think.....there's 3 scratches on the front top....what r those Triple J...they kinda look like someones cat was pawing at it...they r very faint and sharp.  Is there rust on those staples ? There appears 2 b some kind of issue with the back but it's hard to tell with that glare and the different shades of dark . I think there's some kind of warping on the front and back  but that glare keeps getting in my way. Maybe it's the glare that's throwing me off. The front of the spine look's kind of beat up with lots of tics but the back of the spine looks pretty darn good....does this book sit flat ? 

Hey 1972 give us some feed back and lets get Triple J to chime in. I don't like to just throw grades around unless i feel there at least somewhat accurate with the condition of the comic.......what say u fellow Graders ?

Just about the same commentary applies here that I just wrote about the IF 15 from the same owner. I'll copy and paste that here to save a re-write:

My IF 15 synopsis:

"If it's not artifact, being generated from the surrounding browns of the wood background and cover color, those staples look to be almost the same hue as those browns surrounding them. In which case, if rust, it's probably to a degree that also affects the blades of the staples clasping the centerfold and probably oxidizing the paper as well.

If that's not the case, around VG is right, a lot of wear and crinkles in the cover for a bronzeage book, and if that is rust, much less, how much less dependent upon that degree of rust, say from 2.0 to 3.0."