• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shooter specials: Defiant and Broadway THREAD CLOSED

6 posts in this topic

Way back in the dark ages of the 1990's, I liked the stories Jim Shooter told.  I liked what he did with Valiant, so I bought bought the books from Shooter's next two ventures, Defiant and Broadway.  I told myself I'd read them.  Since more than two decades have gone by and I still haven't read them, I really need to recognize that I'm never going to read them.  

I know they aren't worth much on the collectors' market.  If you live close to me (Springfield/Northampton area in Massachusetts) and can pick up the books and then shipping is zero dollars and zero cents.  Otherwise, Priority Mail Flat Rate seems to be the best shipping option.

Two lots of books up for grabs.  Payment by PayPal.  Returns (at your expense) accepted.

The books are unread, and show minimal wear.  Most are really high grade, except for a few of the Defiant books that somehow ended up slouching down at the front of a longbox, causing some curvature and bending of the bottoms. 

Edited by SOTIcollector
Thread closed.

First up, Shooter's first venture after Valiant:  Defiant.  This isn't every book Defiant made, but it's a good percentage of them.

As noted, a few were at the front of the box and slouched a bit, but otherwise they are all pretty sharp.  

Charlemagne 0-5, Dark Dominion 1-10, Grimmax 0, Origin of the Defiant Universe, Prudence & Caution 1-2, War Dancer 1-6, Warriors of Plasm 1-13.

The whole lot, just ten bucks plus exact shipping.  The lot weighs 7.1 pounds, is about 3 and 1/2 inches high, and will ship from Zip Code 01103.  In a Priority Mail Flat Rate large box, shipping is $16.55.  I think they will go in medium box 11 1/4" x 8 3/4" x 6" for $12.05, but that would mean limited packing material around the books.  My preference is to always pack books well, but if you're buying these as reading material and don't care if they get dinged a bit, then I could do the cheaper shipping option.

The cheapest way to get this batch is to meet me in Springfield, MA.  No shipping charge, and the books are yours for just $10 for the lot.  

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

Edited by SOTIcollector
Lower shipping cost.

Next came Broadway Comics.  I'm not quite sure how I ended up missing Powers That Be #2 regular edition, but there is a copy of the preview edition so you can still read the whole storyline.

This lot includes Babes of Broadway, Fatale #1-6, Powers That Be/Star Seed #1,3-9, Shadow State #1-5, Knights on Broadway #1-3, and a stack of the preview editions.

The whole lot, just ten bucks plus exact shipping, but the shipping is a killer.  The lot weighs 6.9 pounds, is about 3 and 1/2 inches high, and will ship from Zip Code 01103.  In a Priority Mail Flat Rate large box, shipping is $16.55.  I think they will go in medium box 11 1/4" x 8 3/4" x 6" for $12.05, but that would mean limited packing material around the books.  My preference is to always pack books well, but if you're buying these as reading material and don't care if they get dinged a bit, then I could do the cheaper shipping option. 

The cheapest way to get this batch is to meet me in Springfield, MA.  No shipping charge, and the books are yours for just $10 for the lot.  

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

Edited by SOTIcollector
Reduced shipping cost.

Have you considered shipping in USPS Priority flat rate shipping boxes? I think a medium box will fit either lot for less than $14.

20 hours ago, revat said:

Have you considered shipping in USPS Priority flat rate shipping boxes? I think a medium box will fit either lot for less than $14.

I added a couple Priority Flat Rate shipping options, both significantly cheaper than the by-weight option I had listed.  Thanks, Revat!

Edited by SOTIcollector