• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CA 78 and a question - grade is in

9 posts in this topic

I presume since this is a grading site Chat Room that everyone here is a fan of grading books. I have been slow to buy graded books and have (as of yet) never submitted a book for grading mostly because once graded it is no longer available to be read. My question (and point me to a different Forum if there is one that is more appropriate) is this - do most of you also have a lower grade version of your graded books in the event that you ever want to see the inside or do you strictly have graded books? 

I struggle with whether to ever have this one encased for two reasons - (1) not sure the condition warrants it and (2) not sure I would ever be able to get another version of this one in any shape. 5a78dac83a4f6_CA78.thumb.jpg.cc237dad32fc15b779ac0b3b48665f74.jpg5a78dacd65efa_CA78back.thumb.jpg.95f9d592fc70e2f137e1931e64764b11.jpg

Just curious.

Edited by vandybill
Grade received

I've been collecting comic books since the early 80's and i've never had a comic certified........problem being that once i get it certified i can never read it again........i know there r these dollar reprint editions coming out these day's but i like to keep my money and only put it towards new comics or old ones i don't own. That being said as u get older i think about not leaving a collection to my luved 1's that they can't make heads or tails out of............ so i've started categorizing my collection along with grading every single comic in my entire collection. Then i think i'm gonna start certifying. I have bought some Marvel Masterwork hardcovers  so i can go ahead and sell long runs of old books i own. Problem being those Hardcover books r extremely pricey .....but u look for sales and usually get them Buy 2 get 1 free. I don't want my collection to overwhelm the people i leave it 2 so u have to start preparing. Plus i want my collection to not be dumped for ( whatever u can get ) either. Comic Collectors these day's r all about Keys....Keys...Keys and Keys......its all u here....there not buying runs....they r buying Keys so that comes into play. U have to think at what price point would u consider Certifying your books also. Everyone has a different price level and a different opinion. Right now and this can change...almost monthly but i want my comic book to be at least worth 100.00 bucks to even consider to get it slabbed.....and it makes a difference between ..is it Golden Age ...is it Silver Age or even Modern Books ...or the Bronze Books ....there's a lot of reading out there but generally i think people's price point is generally over 100.00 Bucks ....................What say u fellow graders...........

p.s.  I'll try and grade your book sometime later........

for my comics of worth i like to leave them in a safety deposit box therefore i'm not tempted to display them....keep them out of direct sunlight..... and not handling them and rereading them or showing them to my friends.....that way their left alone until that day in the distant  future where i slab them.