• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bag my Slabbed Books?

4 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Danny Zampella said:

Please forgive me as I'm sure this topic has been covered a million times, but I'm brand new here. As a collector, should I bag my slabbed books? If so, any suggestions on which bags to use for the slabs currently being used?

You don't want them getting scratched or smudged so yes, keep them in the bags CGC sends.  

These tend to get torn up if you pull your slabs out of the box a lot.  For that reason, I double bag them with a sealable thin mylar with the polybag over that, plus I put a white magazine divider in between all books.

I bag them because some collectors have issues with scuffed slabs which could hurt resale if I ever wanted to sell. I just use whatever slab bags. 

I have cracked and chipped slabs where the comic is just fine. One day I'll get them reholdered but I'm not losing sleep. It is the 9.8 slab with an insect entombed inside that gives me the willies.