• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Conquest of the Planet of the Apes thread

67 posts in this topic

Issue # 29 Final Issue!

899947-PlanetoftheApes%2329.jpg

This issue as the final book in the run (there never was an annual) is pretty dissapointing storywise. There is only one story "Future History Chronicles" that continues and ends? The rest of the mag is filled with movie pics and articles.

Earlier on I posted as per a request a first page splash from this issue by artist Pat Broderick. Here is another from the inside front cover that I think is just as good!

899947-PlanetoftheApes%2329InsideCoverArt.jpg

Well that just about wraps up our visit to the Planet of the Apes folks. Hope you had as much fun as I did posting these covers and art. I got a chance to re-read some great stories too along the way.

Alright everybody back on the Icarus time to go.

Back to the past...or is that the future???

589a8ed674705_899947-PlanetoftheApes29InsideCoverArt.jpg.5b020b391388db1580a2fe9a06ffc8e2.jpg

Possibly... smirk.gif

I was thinking about starting a Dracula Lives thread, any thoughts?

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Do you have full runs of a lot of the Curtis mags? Tales of the Zombie would be cool to see as well...

Speaking of Curtis mags, is the Vampire Tales Annual 1 hard to find? (I don't want to hijack the thread, so we can take this to PMs if you would prefer).

I wouldn't want you to have to scroll all the way down the page or anything --> Missing Link

I got it for under $50.

893censored-thumb.gif A 9.4 for $50? That's one sweet pickup. I just noticed that cover at the con last week, but the copy was a beater.

I was pretty stoked about it. It presents nice in the slab too. The original art was on ebay last year (I think it was last year).

BTW I second the Jayman treatment on another series. This thread is sweet. Love the interior scans and notes. thumbsup2.gif

I was pretty stoked about it. It presents nice in the slab too. The original art was on ebay last year (I think it was last year).

BTW I second the Jayman treatment on another series. This thread is sweet. Love the interior scans and notes. thumbsup2.gif

Why thank you! acclaim.gif

I remember that Vampire Tales Annual pickup of yours, great deal on a nice grade.

As far as hard to find: in high grade, yes definitly. But as I also need a copy for myself, I don't recall seeing any around even in mid to low grade. And as it is a killer cover it would probably be snatched up pretty quickly!