• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Price Drop! Forget Xbox! This is Hexbox! (All-you-can-eat Jonah Hex)

15 posts in this topic

Up for offer is one BIG lot of Jonah Hex, an entire magazine box plus, bagged and boarded, almost 150 books.

But first,

:rulez:

First :takeit: in thread wins

Payment is money order or check.

Don't be listy (tsk)

Price includes U.S. Shipping

Returns/ Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back on your dime in the same shape.

Edited by Readcomix

One lot only, but it is a big one: a magazine box full of Jonah Hex: All-Star Western #10-12, Weird Western Tales 13-38 (complete Jonah Hex run), Jonah Hex 1-92 (complete), Hex 1-18 (complete), the 1977 Jonah Hex Spectacular, Secret Origins 21 (guess who?), Jonah Hex Vertigo miniseries Riders of the Worm and Such (complete) and a TPB of Jonah Hex Two-Gun Mojo. 147 total comics.

While grades vary with some outliers in either direction, I would say the collection on average is high side of mid-grade: lots of Fine and VF books, some better, some worse. I will post pix of the keys, and some exemplary issues. If anyone wants more pix/info just ask and I will supply.

:news: (was $875) NOW $775 Shipped U.S.

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Here's a few more generally representative examples of the books in this set. I haven't looked it over since acquiring and enjoying it a couple years ago but I will go through the next couple nights and update here if I Have forgotten anything noteworthy good or bad. Happy to answer any specific questions! 

The collection came from a local dealer who acquired it from one of the employees of Forbidden Planet upon the employee's retirement. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

A few thoughts:

PM's welcome; anyone interested should also send along zip code as my shipping estimate accommodates about 35 lbs to California from the northeast. (That's about $90-$100) chances are actual could be a lot less, in which case final price will be modified accordingly.

I don't want to break it up and sell individual issues, but I am open to ideas if you want a significant chunk. I guess I could pull the ASW10 if you already have a better copy, but there's no other book there that would make a significant savings.

Open to ideas, PM away!

Motivated seller here, people!

Seriously, a word on pricing: comps on such a complete set are tough; found one not quite as complete out there (just the first two runs) in avg grade closer to VG for $675 shipped. So I went up $200 to account for higher average grade and more books. Fwiw, that was my thinking.

Any interest?

11 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

This is a great deal, so I hope someone buys it. I already have a full run of WW/Jonah Hex, so it's not for me, but if anyone out there is on the fence, this series is great!

Thank you! I've read it, enjoyed it, and I'm ready to release it. I'll try to put up more of the weird Westerns, as they are among the nicer books in the lot. (At least compared to the 1-92 run; the later books are in nice shape...Hex, etc)