• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 #462 Adventure comics

26 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Whatever that is, if actually there, appears to run from the spine, to and through the area of the UPC box, all the way down to the bottom of the cover, ergo my 4 inch original estimate. Not just to the UPC box, but all the way through it and beyond.

To me it looks as if it runs to the to the first bar at the top of the UPC box.  It doesn't seem to break any of the other bars within the UPC.

3 minutes ago, comicquant said:

To me it looks as if it runs to the to the first bar at the top of the UPC box.  It doesn't seem to break any of the other bars within the UPC.

Looks like the terminus of it is at the bottom edge. Might be the nature of the image, scans sometimes subject to being inconclusive for precise grading. It is scuffed up, flaking at the edges, could be that, misread as that as a continuation of the crease/scratch (whatever the heck it is).

Edited by James J Johnson

5 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Your monitor might be better than mine leading to greater success in the interpretation of what's a scuff, what's a flaked edge, and where a crease (or scratch, as it were) ends.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Looks like the terminus of it is at the bottom edge. Might be the nature of the image, scans sometimes subject to being inconclusive for precise grading. It is scuffed up, flaking at the edges, could be that, misread as that as a continuation of the crease/scratch (whatever the heck it is).

Watch, the OP won't get it graded now.  :whee: