• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noob to the forum / restoration question
1 1

4 posts in this topic

So I have 5 comic books that are a series ( Marvel ) from the 90s/   * insert depreciation value right there, i can imagine regs here are already moving on * /  I like them /* insert depreciation for sentimental value  because no one cares what someone else personally likes *    their total value as a set is $35.00  * do you hear that ? that is everyone else leaving right now, total value of $35.00 who cares, I know. * /

The only stupid problem with these 5 is the dang spine,  minor cracks something that someone who isn't into collecting probably wouldnt care much about.  But from the professional geek I had look at it in my po dunk town, it was enough for her to poo poo it and turn me away.

* so wth is your question get on with it *

Fine, I will if you haven't figured it out as of yet.  how much would it cost to repair 5 comic book spines. In my world, where everything is awesome and cheap and I am 6'7 and weigh 190 lbs all muscle; I should be able to get them all repaired for about next to nothing.  

But in reality I imagine  someone is going to say it can be done but for like 15 to 20 dollars a book, making it absolutely pointless to do it, less I just wanted to do it to cure my OCD and have something perfect , for my own personal collection. Which I might do if my mood changes to a positive one.  

Thing is I know these books are not going to go up in value , it is just the pages are mint, the cover minus the edges is mint, the art work is spectacular  and  I would hate myself for throwing it away,  and Ideally I would like to trade them in so someone else can one day enjoy them.   I don't want to take them to my local comic book store, because like pawn shops they have to have more meat on the bone than what they give you.   

An lets put the final nail in the coffin, what the heck is the comic book series,,,   it is World War Hulk, 1-5.  so now we can fully bury this.

Hope yall enjoyed me bantering to myself, but any idea on the actual cost to repair the spines would be appreciated.

so no one knows even a guesstamit on how much it would cost to repair per book at like the cheapest possible price.

I understand it is pointless,  I understand there are plenty abound to buy new for $35.00 for a set off of ebay.  I was just curious as to the price for spine repair on all 5 , instead of  sending them in for an actual quote and wasting money on shipping.

I can answer the why dont i just buy new ones, while i am still waiting for a price reply, the why is because the 5 I have minus the spines are in excellent condition and i dont want to throw them away, as i dont want them anymore, and i have no one to give them too. and selling them is pointless.  as the ones on ebay are rarely selling as they are.

ill trash them eventually i suppose. they are the only Marvel Comics I have, im more into DC. and they are just bleh to me.  I was told though , the only real way it would be worth more as it is, is if like some how in the future a movie was made of WW Hulk.  and that was a soft maybe on price going up. more like the mint conditions would go up and mine with minor spine damage would still be worth jack.

this is more O.C.D than anything.

Edited by guygardner

2 hours ago, guygardner said:

so no one knows even a guesstamit on how much it would cost to repair per book at like the cheapest possible price.

I understand it is pointless,  I understand there are plenty abound to buy new for $35.00 for a set off of ebay.  I was just curious as to the price for spine repair on all 5 , instead of  sending them in for an actual quote and wasting money on shipping.

I can answer the why dont i just buy new ones, while i am still waiting for a price reply, the why is because the 5 I have minus the spines are in excellent condition and i dont want to throw them away, as i dont want them anymore, and i have no one to give them too. and selling them is pointless.  as the ones on ebay are rarely selling as they are.

ill trash them eventually i suppose. they are the only Marvel Comics I have, im more into DC. and they are just bleh to me.  I was told though , the only real way it would be worth more as it is, is if like some how in the future a movie was made of WW Hulk.  and that was a soft maybe on price going up. more like the mint conditions would go up and mine with minor spine damage would still be worth jack.

this is more O.C.D than anything.

The cost would be just like it would be to restore an older book. Hundreds of dollars each. So just go ahead and buy some new ones on ebay, please.:makepoint: