• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 797, Alex Ross Cover

2 posts in this topic

I really like black covers. But.....for grading purposes  I think they are a nightmare. Black makes every single little defect stand out. I bought two copies of ASM 797 Alex Ross Cover and the top left corner in both of them does not hold up under a magnifying glass. My eyes deceived me at my LCS.

I would feel ridiculous if I brought a magnifying glass to my LCS. Do you think getting a 9.8 on this cover is going to be crazy hard because of the black cover? I was considering sending the nicer of my two copies to cgc but will probably pass now that I have had a chance to really inspect it. 

17 hours ago, Bakerbr13 said:

I really like black covers. But.....for grading purposes  I think they are a nightmare. Black makes every single little defect stand out. I bought two copies of ASM 797 Alex Ross Cover and the top left corner in both of them does not hold up under a magnifying glass. My eyes deceived me at my LCS.

I would feel ridiculous if I brought a magnifying glass to my LCS. Do you think getting a 9.8 on this cover is going to be crazy hard because of the black cover? I was considering sending the nicer of my two copies to cgc but will probably pass now that I have had a chance to really inspect it. 

Nope