• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there any way to help Stan Lee?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

This upsets me to no end. Stan Lee is in dire straits and there is nothing anyone seems to be able to do about it. I applaud Neal Adams, J.Scott Cambell, Peter David for trying to bring this to peoples attention. I was just thinking out loud, is there nothing that can be done? 

thanks,

Matthew

32 minutes ago, Overthetopinc said:

Hello Guys,

This upsets me to no end. Stan Lee is in dire straits and there is nothing anyone seems to be able to do about it. I applaud Neal Adams, J.Scott Cambell, Peter David for trying to bring this to peoples attention. I was just thinking out loud, is there nothing that can be done? 

thanks,

Matthew

I reached out to Clifford Meth with this question. He did a great job helping Gene Colan and family during some rough times. When he reaches out to me maybe we can all come up with something.

11 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

What is the story behind this thread. Feel like I have been in a cave and missed out on the news here.

The allegations are that since Stan's wife passed, he and his daughter (and only direct heir) have been taken advantage of financially. To the point of possibly there being 'nothing left'. The whole thing is still unwinding and there are already some concerned folks involved at a professional level, but it's going to end up with the lawyers for sure...and that's going to cost plenty too.

Is anyone in a position to have an educated opinion that Stan is actually nearly broke?  All the reports just state that a total of around a million or two was stolen, and there are already steps being taken to recover what they can.  

In any event, Stan has earned millions, been buying houses in his Hollywood Hills neighborhood, and ought to still have plenty to live on and pass onto his daughter.

im a Stan guy, but I’d find it hypocritical to worry too much about “poor Stan down to his last millions...” when we all know of many comics artists and writers who are in truly dire financial straights.

Stan’s a bit isolated and hasn’t been paying attention, trusting the wrong guys too much as always...  just needs competent professional help to find the thefts, stop the bleeding and set up protections going forward.

1 hour ago, Aman619 said:

Is anyone in a position to have an educated opinion that Stan is actually nearly broke?  All the reports just state that a total of around a million or two was stolen, and there are already steps being taken to recover what they can.  

In any event, Stan has earned millions, been buying houses in his Hollywood Hills neighborhood, and ought to still have plenty to live on and pass onto his daughter.

im a Stan guy, but I’d find it hypocritical to worry too much about “poor Stan down to his last millions...” when we all know of many comics artists and writers who are in truly dire financial straights.

Stan’s a bit isolated and hasn’t been paying attention, trusting the wrong guys too much as always...  just needs competent professional help to find the thefts, stop the bleeding and set up protections going forward.

I think we can worry about Stan and other less fortunate artists and writers at the same time. I think the kind of help we are suggesting is not a fund raiser. More keeping a shining light on the cockroaches that creep in the dark. Many older people get taken advantage of. I'm a Stan guy too. So I don't want to see it happen. I agree that better management and protection are needed. 

There is a lot more to worry about then his money people. I have read some things saying that he is being set up and he is being controlled by these thugs and they are calling the shots. From forcing him to cut off ties with his only daughter and his manager of 50 years that has been like a son to him. He almost died the other week because they were hesitant to take a 95 year old man with pneumonia to the hospital. The day after his wife dies these thugs fired all their lawyers. They have been trying to get these nurses to lie about him with sexual misconduct claims. This goes way past the money issue and I am worried about elderly abuse. 

3 hours ago, Overthetopinc said:

There is a lot more to worry about then his money people. I have read some things saying that he is being set up and he is being controlled by these thugs and they are calling the shots. From forcing him to cut off ties with his only daughter and his manager of 50 years that has been like a son to him. He almost died the other week because they were hesitant to take a 95 year old man with pneumonia to the hospital. The day after his wife dies these thugs fired all their lawyers. They have been trying to get these nurses to lie about him with sexual misconduct claims. This goes way past the money issue and I am worried about elderly abuse. 

Ditto.

On 3/15/2018 at 4:31 PM, Overthetopinc said:

You wanna talk elderly abuse? I just got taken to the cleaners paying for my daughters wedding, and all I could do was sit and watch it all happen in front of me. :sorry: