• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filling Storage Box Issue
1 1

25 posts in this topic

As others have said here, there doesn't appear to be any issues with your box.  You should place a thick cardboard divider on either end of your box as you don't want your books directly in contact with the handle.  (The handle height only goes up about 2/3s of the way resulting in a crease potentially developing long term.)  Whatever your books are pressed up against, should be flat...hence, a cardboard divider.

Secondly, I alternate my books facing forward, and then facing backward.  The reason why you're seeing a "lean" (as you describe it) is because the spine side of a book (where the staples are) are thicker than the opposing side (we'll say "flip side" since that's the side where you're flipping through the pages).  If you alternate the direction in which your books face, you end up with an even distribution of pressure along all areas of the book.  If your books all face one direction, more pressure is applied on the side that has the spine/staples, thus causing a lean.  Below is a picture of my short box with alternating books.  You can see there is no lean.211351809_shortbox.thumb.JPG.8d7c06d8019b75751a76f6f24ddf5715.JPG 

And here's what I mean by alternating the direction in which my books face.

840378408_shortbox2.thumb.JPG.def1c914fb50568f5d0b4d1a3ed29402.JPG

On 11/3/2018 at 2:31 PM, Hulkstr8 said:

Quick update: I called BCW a while back and they said those bowed boards are within the QC spec. When I can afford it, E. Gerber from now on.

At least they talked to you and gave you a reasonable (if not acceptable) answer/explanation.

Some companies do not want to be bothered with such things.