• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sticker on the Cover

7 posts in this topic

if a book has a price sticker over the original printed price how would that impact grade?  As it stands the book is in a 3.5 - 4.0 range with the sticker.  Would a book be knocked significant for the sticker at that level?

Is it possible to remove the sticker without damaging the book?

it is not a book i presently own but one i am considering  purchasing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Patrick

I don’t think a sticker would further reduce a 3.5 - 4.0 unless it was a large sticker. I suspect you are better off leaving the sticker on. If removed, there would probably by an oily adhesive stain that looks worse than the sticker. 

15 hours ago, joeypost said:

Do you have a picture to share with us?

i ended up passing  on it, maybe i will regret it but the picture is below (not mine)

thank you for the reply - I would still like to know for future reference

s-l1600.jpg

15 hours ago, Mr. Zipper said:

I don’t think a sticker would further reduce a 3.5 - 4.0 unless it was a large sticker. I suspect you are better off leaving the sticker on. If removed, there would probably by an oily adhesive stain that looks worse than the sticker. 

thank you, would it  automatically get a green label if left on?

5 hours ago, pjray55 said:

i ended up passing  on it, maybe i will regret it but the picture is below (not mine)

thank you for the reply - I would still like to know for future reference

s-l1600.jpg

I think you made the right decision to pass. With or without the sticker, it's not an attractive copy. Also, not worth the expense and effort of dealing with the sticker.