• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man 569 ( first anti venom) which cover is more sought after?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I get that it's a demand thing, but additional printings are inherently going to have lower print runs.  And if they don't, then it means that Marvel made a huge miscalculation in demand forecasting or is intentionally manipulating the market to spark interest.  In any case, short of original art, a 1st print is "the original" to me.  (Granted, there could be 200k+ copies of that original floating around.)  But I guess I'm just jealous that someone missed the first opportunity, hopped on the bandwagon by buying a 2nd/3rd print and then ends up benefiting more (financially) by not being 1st.

Though nothing stopping you from getting the reprint either?  

19 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I get that it's a demand thing, but additional printings are inherently going to have lower print runs.  And if they don't, then it means that Marvel made a huge miscalculation in demand forecasting or is intentionally manipulating the market to spark interest.  In any case, short of original art, a 1st print is "the original" to me.  (Granted, there could be 200k+ copies of that original floating around.)  But I guess I'm just jealous that someone missed the first opportunity, hopped on the bandwagon by buying a 2nd/3rd print and then ends up benefiting more (financially) by not being 1st.

We are currently in an era where cover and perceived rarity trumps most other things with Moderns. This book happens to have both important content and some cool covers. The Granov is obviously the best and original art. But as we have seen a lot in recent years, logic has no basis in Modern collecting.

I personally prefer the second printing cover  .. Not a fan of close up head shot covers that look like we're pulled out of someone's sketch folder when realised cover hadnt been drawn