• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cashback rewards on Paypal purchases

7 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd mention that Chase Freedom card offers 5% cash back rewards on any Paypal transaction from now till June 2018. And since my paypal is linked to my Freedom card I am cashing in on this rather quickly.

Not sure if other banks/cards offer the same program, but that is pretty neat.

Youd have to activate that feature if you do have a Freedom card as it wont kick in till you do so

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Just thought I'd mention that Chase Freedom card offers 5% cash back rewards on any Paypal transaction from now till June 2018. And since my paypal is linked to my Freedom card I am cashing in on this rather quickly.

Not sure if other banks/cards offer the same program, but that is pretty neat.

Youd have to activate that feature if you do have a Freedom card as it wont kick in till you do so

Depending on how you value Ultimate Rewards points, 5x can really be more like 10% by the time you redeem the points for miles or other such things.

I'm utilizing mine right now for the 2% up front on checks, and zero percent interest for a year.

We used them on the furnace/heatpump related expenses - was way cheaper and less complicated than a home equity loan, or line of credit.

Edited by lizards2

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

FYI, 5x is only on the first $1,500 spent towards PayPal, Chase Pay, and Groceries.  Beyond that it will earn only 1x.

Kool. I can knock it off with one transaction and put the card back in the vault.