• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first ASM 129!

6 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Not sure what a cleaning and press would do but i'm sure someone will chime in. 

We already told him the same thing in another thread. I just don't think a clean/press will overcome all the problems with this book. Besides the large stain bottom right, Front to Back Cover, I think I also see a stain on the top left of the front cover with a dark spot permeating to the back cover. While looking at the back cover, the left edge looks like it caught on something and has some tears/chips with a dangling 'chad'. Lots of small spine ticks also. I originally thought mid grade but the more I look at it, I'm thinking 5.0 territory.

Yes, both staples are frimly attatched and free from rust. A few people have commented in the bronze age spideys thread and I didn't want to get that one off topic so I started this one. The spine is very nice front and back. The back cover left edge doesn't have any chipping, it may be the light reflection. The stain on bottom right is visible for 1 page going in front and back, it doesn't go all the way through. I was just curious about a ballpark grade, not trying to ruffle any feathers. I appreciate all the input so far!!