• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab damage?

91 posts in this topic

so----- what kind of name is "thedongerneedfood " ?????

..Sixteen Candles,..or Pretty in Pink,..one of those Molly Ringwald/john Hughes 80's movies,..... Long Duk Dong: "No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food". ...

...about what?.... confused.gif

confused.gif

,.....I remember a year ago there was a thread about using newspaper for packing,....I was pissed about someone sending me a book that was all smashed up cause it was packed in paper, and I was on one of my typical tirades.......and at least half a dozen forumites,...I recall Donut being one of them,(and I apologize if I'm incorrect , but I believe it was you),....swore up and down that IF used properly newspaper is more than adequate packing for a slab,.

so----- what kind of name is "thedongerneedfood " ?????

..Sixteen Candles,..or Pretty in Pink,..one of those Molly Ringwald/john Hughes 80's movies,..... Long Duk Dong: "No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food". ...

donger.jpg

I've bought comics from the Donger before.

Rocketeer: I thought you were going to "shut-up"?:)

So, if you've had a bad experience with a booked packed in newspaper, you know where I'm coming from. Yes, I could have gotten insurance. But, again, HOW IS DAMAGE FROM POOR PACKING THE FAULT OF USPS? If I filed an insurance claim, that would certainly not be fair to USPS. They are not responsible for the shipper's negligence.

Further, they would take a look at the packing and simply deny the claim.

Insurance would have come in handy if the package got lost or run over by a truck.

Once again, I do not know if this damage was the result of poor packing or if it was pre-existing. It should have been disclosed or it should have been packed better. Period. It has nothing to do with insurance. I paid as soon as the auction was over. I did my part.

Also, regarding AMEX...I'm sure you are on top of THEIR policies. But AMEX has nothing to do with PayPal. And PayPal is how I made payment. Like I said, RIGHT OR WRONG, the burden of Ebay transactions is always on the seller when it comes to PayPal. As a seller, I've learned this time and time again. I've even had a charge disputed with me due to BUYER'S REMORSE...and PayPal sided with the buyer!

I'm not out to get Guy. Until now, I never named the seller or the auction, I just referred to the other party as "the seller". I made note of his good communication and excellent feedback in my very first post. So I'm puzzled by his stance of playing the victim. I'm the one who paid $400 for a book with (undisclosed) severe SCS in a (undisclosed) busted-up slab packed with five sheets of newspaper.

Nexus

P.S. As an Asian kid growing up in a white suburb in the '80's, I can definitely say that John Hughes did me no favors...

...well then it's a good thing that I'm an anal retentive googling-bastid then,....read it and weep,..... linkage...

I don't even post in that thread. confused.gif

EDIT: foreheadslap.gif Just realized you were still talking about FD...and the "you" in your post wasn't directed at "me". insane.giftonofbricks.gif

...well then it's a good thing that I'm an anal retentive googling-bastid then,....read it and weep,..... linkage...

EDIT: foreheadslap.gif Just realized you were still talking about FD...and the "you" in your post wasn't directed at "me". insane.giftonofbricks.gif

...Jeezus,..that's a first then ain't it?...you missed a thread?.....

...Jeezus,..that's a first then ain't it?...you missed a thread?.....

Wish I missed this one.... yeahok.gif

...I'm not picking on you Dan,...I'm sure you pack extremely well,...and if I was the seller I would give a refund as well,..however where do you draw the line on what is adequate and what is not,...nobody forced Nexus to buy from a guy with a no return policy,...and it was his decision again to refuse insurance even though his description says it is required on purchases over $100.00,...all I'm saying is that the buyer has to take some of the responsibility here,...

Rocketeer,

You're right, nobody forced me to buy anything, from anyone. But if you're going to go with Guy's claim that if sellers get burned, they'll stop selling, you have to go with the same logic that if buye's get burned, they'll stop buying.

Also, how would getting insurance have helped me in this particular case?

Let's say the packing was adequate. How do you account for the wrecked slab? The SCS? Then those problems must have been undisclosed. If so, is that "no return" policy ethical? Or even enforceable?

As for resposibility, I will take some: I'll pay to ship the book back out of my own pocket.

Felix/Nexus

P.S. Since my last post, I've heard privately from the seller. We are (hopefully) going to agree to a resolution soon. Per his request, I will post the results if/when that happens. This will be my last post until then. Thanks to everyone for all their various viewpoints and indulgence. I learned something and will try to be even more careful when buying CGC books.

I dont think that I will ever understand the folks that need advice from a messageboard to handle their own problems...sure there are somethings were these guys can give you great advice, but when it comes to this sort of thing..BE a man and do what you think is right...use the tool between your shoulders and do what you think you need to...back to my advice...neg this fool and let paypal and your credit card company deal with it...and send his crappy [#@$%!!!] book back...how did this [#@$%!!!] get to 3 pages...please folks dont waste my time anymore by posting this sort of [#@$%!!!]...it it doesnt result in a neg I dont want to hear about it..I want to know when there is a bad ebayer out there and a neg does that...you give this piece a positive and you do us all a disservice...

Dawg, you should know by now that you can't control the content or the direction of any of the threads on the boards. It's futile. confused-smiley-013.gif

A man can have dreams, cant he?

I just get tired of the "I was charge too much shipping, what should I do threads?" or the "the book not the grade he said it was, what should I do?" threads. If you want to tell me that a certain seller is a clown and overgrades, is rude, or anything else like that, cool..But dont ask me what you should do...Deal with it like a man. If they dont want to refund, neg them and let your credit card company settle it..Your credit card company is there to work for you. They are only interested in keeping you happy.