• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab damage?

91 posts in this topic

no kidding, dawg! geez. here's what i am offering the buyer. i will issue a full refund on receipt of the book. i asked for him to post a retraction but for god's sake i'm as sick of this [#@$%!!!] as you guys all are. to that end, i'm not going to require he posts one to get the refund. i really don't care. we just won't do business together again and everyone will be happy smile.gif

i'll beat a dead horse by pointing to more of my recent feedback where there are 6 posts alone about the sturdiness of my packing. you don't get to 3500 positives by jacking people around and there's no value to sellers to screw people...well, if they want bids there isn't smile.gif

THIS SHOULD STOP THE EFFING TORRENT OF [#@$%!!!]. let's get back to having some friggin' fun with comics already.

Hey ROCKETEER - thanks for stepping up and being cool about pointing out that this shiiiiiite was going on. thanks also for the idea to refund entirely to put an end to it - your fellow forumites oughtta be putting you on their xmas card list!

...I'm not picking on you Dan,...I'm sure you pack extremely well,...and if I was the seller I would give a refund as well,..however where do you draw the line on what is adequate and what is not,...nobody forced Nexus to buy from a guy with a no return policy,...and it was his decision again to refuse insurance even though his description says it is required on purchases over $100.00,...all I'm saying is that the buyer has to take some of the responsibility here,...

I agree with this. That is why I require insurance on all packages sent out and I buy. If I get a damaged book, I send it back and put the onus on the seller to file the insurance claim if they want to.

I don't understand why ANYONE would opt out of insurance for buying a $400 book.

Well, it looks like we've reached a resolution. Unfortunately, it did take all this nonsense to get the seller to do the right thing...but all's well that end's well, right?

Dawg: You're right, I should have just had PayPal reverse the charge and left the seller a negative. Looks like the seller agrees with you as well.

Rocketeer, UCLAPeterg (my alma mater, BTW): Lesson learned, I'll get insurance on all future transactions. Even if it lets sellers off the hook for poor packing.

Sellers: Please disclose all defects, especially blatant ones, to avoid disputes. Please pack well. Especially if you have a "no return" policy.

Thanks again everyone!

Felix

..]I remember a year ago there was a thread about using newspaper for packing,....I was pissed about someone sending me a book that was all smashed up cause it was packed in paper, and I was on one of my typical tirades.......and at least half a dozen forumites,...I recall Donut being one of them,(and I apologize if I'm incorrect , but I believe it was you),....swore up and down that IF used properly newspaper is more than adequate packing for a slab,....I myself abhor paper as packing material, but hey that's me,...

Yeah I remember that...that was me you fokker. I took a lot of my important time balling up those 5 sheets of the Washington Post...just 'cause you don't care for that liberal rag touching your nudie comics doesn't mean that I didn't pack properly and cover my end as a good seller yay.gif

I'd like to publicly thank ROCKETEER for brokering the peace between me and the seller. Unbeknownst to me, he had been working behind the scenes with the seller on my behalf. I appreciate it.

I admire that he came to the defense of his friend (the seller). I'm even more impressed that he was able to convince his friend to see the other side. And he was able to get both parties what they wanted.

Rocketeer also suggested I post something about Guy, so here goes: It got a little heated there, but he proved his professionalism in the end. I learned something and I believe he has, too. He told me he will pack all slabs in bubblewrap from now on. I can accept that my one experience with him was an anomaly; in general, his feedback speaks for itself.

Thanks again.

Felix