• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The missing add page...

7 posts in this topic

I have an Amazing Spider-Man #23 featuring the Green Goblin.  It seems to be in great condition (VF).  But... There is a missing add page.  The story itself is complete.  I was thinking of sending it off to CGC to get graded, but I'm wondering if the missing page will hurt so bad that it won't be worth the grading.  Any thoughts?  Would the grade be terribly poor?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, WereWaiting said:

And of course what you're saying is also 100% not true, for a couple reasons xD I said it will get a .5 and you said 100% not true. I think you meant to say "That's not 100% true" because there are plenty of Blue .5 incompletes out there. Secondly you have to remember that the Green label is for a book with ONE substantial flaw. So yes, a book that would otherwise grade  9.8 but has a missing page as its only flaw could get a GLOD. But if you have a book with creases, a p.o.c., and it's missing one page, it gets a Blue .5, no Green.

Either way it's a waste of money to slab it.

There are tons of Green label books with missing pages, more true if it doesn't effect the story. Doesn't have to be a high grade book at all. And it's not a GLOD it's a PLOD, green labels fetch up to 75% of Blue if the flaw is minor. Like a missing marvel stamp or married cover/center fold.

If your book grades 8.5 complete, it will grade 8.5 with a green qualified label. All the qualified means in this instance is that your book would be an 8.5 if everything was there, but since it isn't, the label is green. Asking for a universal label with a complete page missing is going to kill the book. If a Marvel Value Stamp or coupon is cut out, or someone cut out a small panel or a piece is missing and affects art/story, then you can get the book graded blue but it will still be low grade. A smaller piece missing would not yield a 0.5 blue label. 

My suggestion is to track sales of qualified books in similar or near grades to what you think it is. Most of the time, unless it's a real key, it's not worth grading if incomplete.