• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 years ago the onslaught began
1 1

9 posts in this topic

What I enjoyed the most was that Marvel diversified their movie offerings to include humor/1970s music (GotG 1, 2), African-American politics (Black Panther), lower budget humor (Ant-man 1, 2 and Wasp), R-rating (Deadpool 1, 2; Logan by Fox Studios) and horror genre (New Mutants). We are lucky to have so many decent Netflix and Hulu selections like DD, Punisher, Jessica Jones :x, Cloak and Dagger, etc. Iron Fist not that great but still watchable. Have not seen Luke Cage download yet.  

I read this as a kid and in my wildest dreams never could imagine this would have become what it is today.The dream lives on with every hero movie i attend it just gets better and better for the little boy inside of me :smile:

best thing about ironman 1 was that it actually followed the written word that i grew up with. i guess captain america 1 also was true to the original story. after the success, things kinda strayed, in my opinion. still seething over the wasted opportunity with the mandarin.

The casting of Downey was spot on! They nailed it! The MCU resurrected iron man imo. 

At this point my 2 MCU wishes would be 

Hulk vs wolverine

Secret wars (1984). Can you imagine the costume generator on the big screen?! Even if the rest of the movie blows, that would make it worthwhile

IMG_20170810_175225.jpg

IMG_20170810_175509.jpg

Edited by MGsimba77
Adding pictures

22 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

best thing about ironman 1 was that it actually followed the written word that i grew up with. i guess captain america 1 also was true to the original story. after the success, things kinda strayed, in my opinion. still seething over the wasted opportunity with the mandarin.

Speaking as one of the many people who had that plot twist ruined by your childish rants on here,, seethe away.  

We are living in the golden age of comic-character movies. It's awesome.

I don't think there has ever been such a spread of so many movies with so many characters over so long of a timespan (no not even SW approaches what the MCU has done over 19 movies and counting) all slowly being woven together - not in the history of movie-making that I can think of.

This is really something very special I think.

These are the days....

That moment where Iron Man flies in the sky over CA was just incredible. It made the entire movie for me just to see that and I am 
not an Iron Man fan, I just appreciated that moment and still do.

I never thought I would see these moments in my lifetime as a comic book fan. It is indeed a special Golden Age for us.