• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terrificon Vs Boston con Any Thoughts ?

4 posts in this topic

Last Year I set up at both  .   I was disappointed with Boston , As I had previously done well at that show The New format did not work for me \

Meanwhile I did do Well At the Mohegan sun , This year they one week apart with  Boston coming first, Any thoughts on how that will affect each show?

Asking because they are so close together geographically  it seems counterproductive to do both shows, interested to hear the other vendors as well as collectors opinions 

Edited by Golden Memories
misspelled word

Both Boston and Terrificon always seem to be close to each other, yet they both thrive.  I think there are enough fans in the area to support both shows.  As long as the entry is reasonable, you can go to both just to enjoy the atmosphere.  I used to go to both,  and enjoyed Boston as they always had top guests, but the last couple of years I have only attended Terrificon.  This year they move to the new Mohegan expo center.  More room, but no real bump in cost to the fan.  I know the owner and he works hard to put on the show.  I don't think there will be big dip in attendance for either show, but who spends what where, is another matter. 

Thanks for the input ,  I enjoyed boston too, at the old location very sorry they moved, It was like Baltimore, A lot of character 

Terrificon is 27/30 & 30 single days $75 for all 3 days with a free print 

Boston is  35/50/40 $5 more at the door, 3day for $90 with 1 hour early entry 

Also Tcon parking is free , Boston if I remember correctly was about $30 a day 

21 hours ago, Golden Memories said:

Thanks for the input ,  I enjoyed boston too, at the old location very sorry they moved, It was like Baltimore, A lot of character 

Terrificon is 27/30 & 30 single days $75 for all 3 days with a free print 

Boston is  35/50/40 $5 more at the door, 3day for $90 with 1 hour early entry 

Also Tcon parking is free , Boston if I remember correctly was about $30 a day 

Yup, Boston is a horrible parking town.  I took my cycle in a couple years ago and the nice lady at the lot, just a block away, let me in for the goose egg.  She said - just find a corner.