• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wolverine 1 (exposure damage)

3 posts in this topic

I’ve got a large collection of Bronze comics rescued from a storage facility. Many of the books have some degree of exposure damage from soot I think. I’m looking to understand how much these types of exposure shadows will impact a grade.

Here is an example of a Wolverine #1 that has some degree of exposure shadowing on the front/back and interior pages. Assume the front cover has an equivalent amount of shadowing hat the back cover has. Apart from that no other real defects.

49EC0CB2-B21B-4277-89FF-96CEC8B6A494.jpeg

209CC598-A79D-461F-9EE9-76A209830B6F.jpeg

From what I can see, this doesn't look too bad. A lot of it depends on the amount and severity of the tanning or yellowing. If it's minor, the book could still be in the Near Mint range (as long as the rest of the book is virtually perfect). If it's more pronounced, it could drop an otherwise perfect copy into the Very Fine/Near Mint range or lower. I've seen books that were gorgeous structurally, but they were severely downgraded for tanning issues to the cover and pages. Even moderate tanning or sun shadows will usually have some impact on an overall grade, especially if the books are from the modern era. I hope this helps, and if you'd like to post more pics, feel free...it always helps to be able to see more examples...