• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minimum grade for a ripped/missing cover?

4 posts in this topic

Good evening. This is my first post on the CGC board. I have a large Marvel comic collection that has been in the family since new and most I put in comic bags over 30 years ago. I have several old issues with damaged covers. Does it completely prevent a good comic grade? Below is an example. Thank you all for any comments in advance.

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, toddc6 said:

Good evening. This is my first post on the CGC board. I have a large Marvel comic collection that has been in the family since new and most I put in comic bags over 30 years ago. I have several old issues with damaged covers. Does it completely prevent a good comic grade? Below is an example. Thank you all for any comments in advance.

image.jpg

Your example is called a remainder copy. They are not usually considered collectable, more of a reader copy. If submitted, it would probably not grade much more than a .5 . Sorry.