• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anderson on Kirby ,Plus or Minus ?

1 post in this topic

So I've got this Kirby Jimmy Olsen page going up for auction tomorrow on Comic Link and I'm thinking that,with the New Gods movie coming out ,these Kirby Fourth World pages are probably a good buy for somebody, but I was wondering about the Murphy Anderson inks. Jimmy's face was inked by Murphy to seem more in the DC style and I was wondering if that makes the page more valuable or less valuable in a collector's opinion. On the plus side it is the legendary Murphy Anderson and most feel that he is a better inker than Colletta and he gives Olsen the "Classic" DC look but on the down side he is messing with the "Kings" work.

What do you guys think? There are other Kirby pages out there "corrected " by Anderson .Is that a plus or a minus in terms of $ value?

You can see the Clink listing here:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FALLSUB.ASP%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D1398%26Artist%3DJACK%20KIRBY%23Item_1244796&id=1244796&itemType=1

RADF19A62018320_11552.jpg