• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classicon - Small One Day Show in Lansing MI June 9th - Comics, Pulps, Pinups!

4 posts in this topic

I will be setting up for this show (and there might be a couple of other boardies setting up as well) in Lansing MI on June 9th.  Show goes from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and has a $3 admission.  This is not just a comic book show as items will include posters, pinups, and tons of pulps, digests and paperbacks.  This is a very small show but I absolutely love buying/selling/trading at it.  You see some really wacky stuff occasionally and it is different every time.  One vendor may have all pulps and pinups, the next vendor all comic books, the next guy posters and a good mix.  One year there was an ORIGINAL Alex Schomburg painting on consignment!  I will say that the show has moved to more of a comic book show than it has in years past as that is what is hot right now.  If you are within a 30-60 minute radius it might be worth a look.  I would not however recommend driving all the way from out of state for this show though.

I personally will be bringing mostly GA/SA/BA books with many keys and a few surprises.  I'll have mostly super-hero and horror (including EC) books with a few funny books mixed in, but there will be Westerns, Disney, animals, etc available from other dealers I'm sure.  If there is anything you are looking for please feel free to PM me.

University Quality Inn
3121 E. Grand River Ave.
Lansing, Michigan 
(Just north of Frandor Shopping Center)

Here is the description for the promoter:

Classicon is one of the first pulp/paperback shows ever established. There are 35 tables and thousands of collectable old pulp magazines, digests, and paperbacks, comic books, posters, pin-up art, and more available for sale or trade.

Other Items include:
Calendars
Pinups
Glamour Art magazines
Original paperback art
Mystery
Western
Romances
Adventure
Characters/Heroes
Science Fiction
Detective
Vintage comics
Petty
Vargas
Classics from the 20s - 60s
Aviation

Board member @Nick's Comics will be setup there too.  I plan on going over to his tables and raiding all the good stuff before doors open though! :baiting:

I think I'll start with his PCH collection. :banana:

Edited by SkOw

15 hours ago, SkOw said:

Board member @Nick's Comics will be setup there too.  I plan on going over to his tables and raiding all the good stuff before doors open though! :baiting:

I think I'll start with his PCH collection. :banana:

Haha!  The joke's on you.  I don't own any good stuff.  Only drek. lol