• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SS Pressing/cleaning post signature/Sketch

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone experienced problems with having a SS pressed post signature pre-grading? Also, can original sketch/color be pressed post sketch and coloring? If so problems?

Edited by thesink

3 hours ago, thesink said:

Has anyone experienced problems with having a SS pressed post signature pre-grading? Also, can original sketch/color be pressed post sketch and coloring? If so problems?

I have pressed pre and post signature. I have also pressed sketches, inked sketches, inked/colored sketches, etc...

i have done so for the past 4-5 years with only one incident that consisted of a paper issue that I was insured for and reimbursed. 

I press consistently and often see grade increases post pressing 

5 hours ago, ivdyer said:

I have pressed pre and post signature. I have also pressed sketches, inked sketches, inked/colored sketches, etc...

i have done so for the past 4-5 years with only one incident that consisted of a paper issue that I was insured for and reimbursed. 

I press consistently and often see grade increases post pressing 

Thanks, that’s what I assumed but didn’t want to make a mistake that could have been easily avoided.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:10 AM, thesink said:

In the past certain artists used paint pens that were problematic. Todd McFalrane used a white pen that never really dried, it was always tacky, and was a nightmare to work on. Fortunately, artists rarely use them anymore, so pressing a book with a signature is no longer an issue. 

Keep in mind CGC does not allow every presser to crack out and submit signature books. Make sure you use someone authorized if you don’t want to wind up with a bunch of qualified books. 

Edited by joeypost