• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for Canadian CGC submitters

2 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I'm thinking of getting 2 books signed and graded in a Signature Series submission at Fan Expo Canada this year. I want to get my vision #1 signed by Tom King and My Super Sons Mattinia variant signed by Tomasi. I've spoken to one of my LCS'S Gotham Central and they said they do submissions it's $58USD Per book+Signature fees. After doing some math The total amount I'll be out if I get these two books graded is around $180 All in. Do you think it would be more cost effective to just go through CGC themselves rather than my LCS? Any tips?

Thank You.

Edited by JoshTG

In general, its cheaper do go through CGC yourself.  Because you're paying the facilitator for a service, so you don't have to do it yourself.  Only you can know how much you value your own time. 

Do your own cost/benefit analysis and see what the differences are and see yourself if the differences are worth it to you. My guess is that IF you were planning to go to the show anyways, its probably worth it to get the CGC SS done yourself (assuming CGC is at the show). 

IF you plan do the CGC yourself, go to the CGC booth as soon as you get to the show and ask them about the process.