• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using credit cards for Comic Connect auction

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone -- I recently purchase Hulk 1 during a comic connect auction this week. During check out, I realized that they do NOT accept credit cards for purchases over $2,500. I'm a long time customer, but have never previously gone over this mark.

My question: Has anyone had success calling them over the phone to see if they can make an exception and accept CC. 

18 hours ago, jcruzcollection said:

Hey everyone -- I recently purchase Hulk 1 during a comic connect auction this week. During check out, I realized that they do NOT accept credit cards for purchases over $2,500. I'm a long time customer, but have never previously gone over this mark.

My question: Has anyone had success calling them over the phone to see if they can make an exception and accept CC. 

I’ve sent them payments through PayPal over $4k before.  They’ll probably ask you to send it personal payment so they don’t incur any fees.  Metro has this policy in place because they do not charge buyers premiums.  A 3% credit card fee starting around $2500 could offset any profit they make on consignment sales.  Credit Card fees in any form of business add up quickly.

Edited by HENRYSPENCER