• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Folds vs Missing Peices

10 posts in this topic

Got an outside the box question - if a piece of the cover is just folded back, but not missing - does that still effect the grade?

I've got an FF1 with little Kevin’s signature up top,  and wondered what folding back the top a bit would do to the already low grade. Since the piece is still there and not missing, does it effect it?

IMG_9040-2.jpg

Edited by Ozonetv

What the what!!!! Don't do it! You will damage it's condition still further and make it look a damn sight more unattractive. You hold in your hands a treasured piece of comic book history, don't mess with it.

P.S. My name is Kevin Smith and I would like my book back, please.

17 minutes ago, Ozonetv said:

I’m not going to - but was curious what the effect on grading would be. Besides, Kevin would send his secret stash crew after me.

On the already extremely low grade you have it wouldn't have any effect on the technical grade but you run a big risk of damaging it as well as certainly making it look worse.

22 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

On the already extremely low grade you have it wouldn't have any effect on the technical grade but you run a big risk of damaging it as well as certainly making it look worse.

Thanks- I was most interested in the technical part of the grade...and chances are the graders would just fold it back anyway.

Like I said, its not going to happen.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:56 AM, Ozonetv said:

Got an outside the box question - if a piece of the cover is just folded back, but not missing - does that still effect the grade?

I've got an FF1 with little Kevin’s signature up top,  and wondered what folding back the top a bit would do to the already low grade. Since the piece is still there and not missing, does it effect it?

IMG_9040-2.jpg

Please just send to us for pressing manipulation. 

On 6/25/2018 at 10:39 PM, MastrCntrlProgram said:

Please just send to us for pressing manipulation. 

Here it is after it was cleaned and pressed by Susan Cicconi at the restoration lab (no restoration done)....big difference!

IMG_9414.jpg

1 hour ago, Ozonetv said:

Here it is after it was cleaned and pressed by Susan Cicconi at the restoration lab (no restoration done)....big difference!

IMG_9414.jpg

Sorry, I don't like the overall look. A book with all those wrinkles and creases should not look that flat. I do like the spine alignment. You should put it in a slab where the unnatural flat look will not be as obvious.