• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic worth getting grade

4 posts in this topic

My main collection is at home.  Been picking up some comics were am currently at.  Got them for good prices.  I never send off any comics to get grade.  i was wondering you guys opinion on which ir any in the pictures should I sent off to get grade?  Have a couple more but cold not uploaded over the mega size.

Marvel Double Feature 1

AMS# 172

Super Villain Team 14

Avengers 181

Marvel two in one 27, 30

Marvel Super Action 12

FF King Size Annual 14

Power-man 39, 38

Sub Mariner 21, 58

Tales to Astonish 12

Spider-man collector addition silver and gold

JLA-14, 30, 121, 135

nova 21

red Sonja 9

karate kid 13

walking dead -script book

believe it or not

sgt fury 150

x-men 107. 169, 159, 158,154,151, 156

20180624_123041.jpg

20180624_123121.jpg

IMO, probably none of the comics you show here are worth sending in for grading.  Except some of those early Daredevils might be in nice shape, would need to see scans or much larger pics (of both front/back) and without the bags.  If top grades, they're probably "worth" slabbing.

RE: your list of books, if you have books that you think look brand-new and practically perfect (comics you think might be NM copies), sending in for grading could be worthwhile. Particularly if you have popular titles, like the ASM 172 or X-Men 107, high-grade slabbed copies will be in demand.

Also, hot (very popular) books in mid grades (sometimes low grades too) can also work out economically (price you sell it for more than exceeds costs to have it graded, shipped both ways, etc.).

Edited by grebal

Yep.  Books that you can get on ebay easily for like $5 are generally not worth sending in for grading.