• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Adventure Comics #80 (Rockford Pedigree)

8 posts in this topic

Hey thanks for taking a look at my posting either by interest or by accident haha.

My father and I have been buying comics for years now and purchased this great copy not to long ago with the focus of sending it to CCS as its the only way to keep the provenance (Sorry Susan!!). We feel it represent the ideal imperfections from the graders note that can possibly be mitigated. I realize that most books here are raw however I though the imperfections where unique and would be interesting to see what some seasoned collectors might think. We will be putting updated scans for this book once we have it back (CCS & CGC) as we have elected the walk through service. The graders notes are below feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

Regards,

Jason

Pedigree: Rockford
Page Quality: OFF-WHITE
Grade Date: 05/21/2002
Category: Universal

Art Comments:

Jack Kirby and Alfred Bester stories
Jack Burnley, Bernard Baily and Mort
Meskin art, Jack Kirby cover and art

Key Comments:

Last Manhunter by Simon and Kirby.
Last Starman by Jack Burnley.

Grader Notes: Left Top Back Cover Crease
Left Top Back Cover Lite Bend
Right Bottom Front Cover Small Crease
Right Center Front Cover Lite Shadow
Spine Stress Lines

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I agree the pressing will help, but might not raise the grade.

Either way, any Golden Age 8.5 with off-white pages is a treasure.

Let us know how it comes out.

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Great Kirby cover BTW ...(back cover too)

either way, after the CPR it will be in the new holder and look fabulous and hopefully get a 9.0 (thumbsu

I also hope he gets a bump to 9.0, but IMO, the shadow will keep it out of any grade with the coordinating letters NM (as in VF/NM or better) even with the lite creasing and bends remedied. Might be a shot (with the shadow) because it's a GA book, the CGC a little more lenient with shadows on GA than on SA..