• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saga 9.6 #1 4th printing

10 posts in this topic

Guys, evidently this is a pretty rare copy of #1 because of the print run.  I have a 9.6 and was wondering if anyone new the spec on this?  I also have a raw 3rd printing that I was thinking about sending in to get graded and see if I can bundle them together.  Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on what the asking price should be?  I don't see anything really similar on the market.

The third and fourth print are indeed pretty rare, with the fourth print likely being the rarest (with the exception of the incentive variant). 

Currently there are 27 third print 9.8's, with 5 of those being SS. 

Currently there are 22 fourth print 9.8's with 2 of those being SS, and 7 9.6's, with 2 of those also being SS.

For the most part, raw printings (2-5) of #1 don't seem to carry much value compared to the first print. I don't think they generally ever sell over $50 to 75. All of the value for them seems to be in 9.8 graded copies. 

I'm trying to remember what I paid for mine. I think my third print 9.8 was about 120 - 150. I splurged a bit to get my fourth print 9.8 because they never come around for sale. I think I spent close to 400 on that, which makes it a bit more valuable than a 9.8 first print. 

Did you check GPA? (its a pay service that tracks CGC sales)

From ebay, I would guess that both in NM are somewhere in the $50-$80 range, with the 4th print being worth more.  I'm not sure you'll get 'value' for slabbing unless you're sure they'll hit 9.6 or higher, but even then I guess its up to you to do your own math. 

On 6/27/2018 at 10:21 AM, sirwesker said:

The third and fourth print are indeed pretty rare, with the fourth print likely being the rarest (with the exception of the incentive variant). 

...which was a third print variant.

To the OP, the incentive variant is largely recognized as a rare, highly sought after variant of #1 that was given exclusively to retailers prior to/at C2E2 in early April of 2012.

Because of its release date and its UPC number, there is a small but vocal few who label it only as a third print variant (CGC does not label it this way). This seems to be an attempt to diminish its importance or value, as labeling it this way ignores its unique nature as compared to other generally available variants and printings in the industry.

The more you know.

Edited by sirwesker

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

OP was probably not aware of that considering is was referenced as an incentive variant.

1 hour ago, sirwesker said:

Was it available in stores to the general public or based upon order numbers?

:facepalm:

More read....less angry...