• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm done with the ones that use to be across the street
2 2

93 posts in this topic

The turnaround times for the company that moved to central time zone are so far behind in grading its comical almost.  Ridiculous. I've had enough shouldn't take over 15 weeks to grade a book.  If they would have been up front and said they weren't going to be behind that's one thing but I asked twice and was told no u will have it in 12 weeks.  Sorry to vent but it's BS

Just a recommendation to CGC -- it would be nice to have grading times that were certain on submission date. E.g., today modern tier grading time is 37 Business Days... but that seems to only apply to books submitted 37 business days ago, my grading time for books I submit today may be longer or shorter, based on demand.

1 hour ago, Coolio McCool said:

Just a recommendation to CGC -- it would be nice to have grading times that were certain on submission date. E.g., today modern tier grading time is 37 Business Days... but that seems to only apply to books submitted 37 business days ago, my grading time for books I submit today may be longer or shorter, based on demand.

They do, it's called Fast Track. Pay a little more and they will give your submission a higher priority. Fast Track for Moderns is currently at 15 days.

1 hour ago, Coolio McCool said:

CGC isn't going to guarantee you a grading time for the same reason that sellers don't guarantee a 9.8 for a raw.  They can't foretell how long it might take to grade the books in front of you or how many FastTrack's might be submitted and jump the line.  If they come in ahead of 37 days you don't pay them extra or lavish praise on them.  But if it falls behind the 37 days, customers start to get grumpy.  Like I said, it serves them no benefit to guarantee.  The best they can do is offer an estimate.

2 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Paying for fast tracks honestly gives the grading company NO incentive to improve turn around times.  Why improve turnaround times when if you are purposely slow impatient customers will pay fast track fees for basically the same amount of grading time.

Aren't turn around times dependent upon the load? I'm not sure of how true this is, as I've heard it anecdotally, but there have been occasions when some of the biggest, if not the biggest submitter dropped ten thousand or more books off at a time for grading, severely taxing the CGC's resources. Is there a way to predict when this and resultant delays will occur?

5 hours ago, etowah1123 said:

The turnaround times for the company that moved to central time zone are so far behind in grading its comical almost.  Ridiculous. I've had enough shouldn't take over 15 weeks to grade a book.  If they would have been up front and said they weren't going to be behind that's one thing but I asked twice and was told no u will have it in 12 weeks.  Sorry to vent but it's BS

That's a good call. Unfortunately, they were never ready for prime time. There's no one responsible in charge. Maybe Beckett can save them, but it's doubtful.

It's a shame, because the industry needs robust competition.

7 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Paying for fast tracks honestly gives the grading company NO incentive to improve turn around times.  Why improve turnaround times when if you are purposely slow impatient customers will pay fast track fees for basically the same amount of grading time.

People complain about TATs but just keep on submitting and then when they get frustrated because it takes so long, they get the privilege of being able to pay more for faster service. Bob is right. What incentive is there to improve when they know that people will pay more? 

Now I know why this smiley  .....:flipbait:......was added to the boards

Edited by Jerkfro

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Quality members :cloud9:

Turnaround time on comics 'comical' :cloud9:

This deserves a banana :banana:

pervert.

3 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Does this get you a gold star or something? Neither company is better than the other in my opinion. Customer service from both leave a lot to be desired, TAT's fluctuate with both companies especially this time of year. The other guys hit a rocky period after the move, I will wait and see how that plays out. CGC remains wildly inconsistent with their grading, that hasn't been addressed, and we have had submitters that have repeatedly called and challenged grades given and had them adjusted accordingly in some cases.

So if you are looking for consistency, it isn't here either. But the message board is better, and there are some real quality members.

Oh boy, had you posted this a few years ago you would have gotten reamed a new one by the Sufunks of the boards.