• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm done with the ones that use to be across the street
2 2

93 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

C'mon Mr C,you've been here for ages.

I really misinterpreted:cry:. I even went and checked with my betrothed, and she confirmed the lack of length and distinguishing features. Now I am embarrassed:blush: (and a bit miffed at her, after 48 years of being led to believe otherwise:sumo:).

2 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

I really misinterpreted:cry:. I even went and checked with my betrothed, and she confirmed the lack of length and distinguishing features. Now I am embarrassed:blush: (and a bit miffed at her, after 48 years of being led to believe otherwise:sumo:).

I'm howling laughter here. lol 

4 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Does this get you a gold star or something? Neither company is better than the other in my opinion. Customer service from both leave a lot to be desired, TAT's fluctuate with both companies especially this time of year. The other guys hit a rocky period after the move, I will wait and see how that plays out. CGC remains wildly inconsistent with their grading, that hasn't been addressed, and we have had submitters that have repeatedly called and challenged grades given and had them adjusted accordingly in some cases.

So if you are looking for consistency, it isn't here either. But the message board is better, and there are some real quality members.

I disagree. CGC has proven itself to be superior to CBCS is several critical ways...like the Sig Series program, for example, which is light years better, in nearly all aspects.

For example: CBCS has been willing to let people submit books that were signed many years ago for their "Yellow Label/Sig Series" program, taking the word of strangers because those strangers were with other people that CBCS knew. That's right on the ragged edge of fraud, if not over the line. 

And then there's the fact that the CBCS cases have been demonstrated to be openable with no sign of tampering. They seem to have fixed the issue, but what about all the books that they slabbed before that?

And then, of course, there's the whole "we will ignore customers if we don't like what they have to say" and we will suspend/ban anyone who dares even QUESTION CBCS on their message board. 

And I've certainly had my share of issues with CGC. But as it stands now, CGC is far, far superior to CBCS, in all the ways that matter. When I say there's no responsible person in charge at CBCS, I mean it. It's a company that has, unfortunately, populated its ranks with petty, spiteful, vindictive, unprepared, small-minded people, a classic "good ol' boys" network, who do not tolerate criticism, no matter how valid, and if they can't ignore it, they shut it down. They are not ready for prime time, and never were.

I gave them a fair shot. I wanted them to succeed. I spoke well of them, and the need for legitimate competition in the marketplace. I gave them four years. They have failed, and failed spectacularly. Maybe...MAYBE...Beckett can resolve some of these issues, but if they keep the same personnel, I don't see how.

That is unfortunate. Any time a competitor fails, especially a small business entity, and the reasons for the decline/failure/lack of competitiveness/customer dissatisfaction is the reasons described, it is not a good thing for anybody that  participates in a hobby for whatever reason.

51 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Perspective is a funny thing, ain't it?

It is indeed.

It allows the foolish to remain fools, and justifies the pernicious and persistent evil that people do to others as "deserved", and thus, not evil. When it comes right down to it, the worst among us are the ones who think that their victims not only completely deserve what the perpetrators do to them, but that the perpetrators, considering themselves to have been victimized, even perhaps by their victims, are therefore entirely justified in meting out evil to others. This takes many forms, from as simple as serial harassment, to serial murder, and everything in between, all of which is perfectly justified in the minds of the perpetrators.

Jordan Peterson has several excellent videos about this, that I highly recommend, on you tube.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

1 minute ago, blazingbob said:

Hindsight makes you a genius

Agreed.

I suppose if I'd been banned I might be a little bitter too, probably not as transparent though.

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
4 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Hindsight makes you a genius

Agreed.

I suppose if I'd been banned I might be a little bitter too, probably not as transparent though.

See my post above. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:
2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Long and distinguished members.

I'm out, then.

It's not very long, but it's sure big around - the girls all call you Tuna Fish Can.

3 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I don't wanna know about quality member's bananas 

This is definitely not what I heard...., 

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
3 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

It's true. He's only interested in the bananas of members who lack quality.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus
Damn you, edit field!!!

Sounds like someone needs to read the posts they made about others on another forum before playing the victim...... hm

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, LivingInaButthurtYurt said:

Translation:  I have serious butthuurt because CBCS banned me. 

No, "Stu Cathell." CBCS has decided to ban anyone who posts in ways with which they disagree. I criticized CBCS, so I was a target, obviously. I daresay, as a percentage, the CBCS boards in 2 years has banned far, far more people than the CGC board has in 10.

Except you, of course. I even defended you, which didn't ingratiate me to anyone. Go ahead. Ask Dice.

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:
5 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

It's true. He's only interested in the bananas of members who lack quality.

I have low standards. That assures I always have a steady supply of bananas