• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk 181 Just wanting to know if this is worth getting graded by people who will know better than me

11 posts in this topic

I hate to tell you this, but it looks like it has color touch, too...on the corner crease across the Hulk's leg.  Normally this would be a Qualified book (for the Value Stamp) but with the resto, you may be very disappointed. I am so sorry...  :tonofbricks:

Yeah it looks as if someone used purple marker on it or something.I’m not disappointed I’m just happy to own a copy of this and I never had any intention of selling this off just seeing what it would grade at out of curiosity....how much would that market affect it do you think?

35 minutes ago, Outatimedelorean said:

Yeah it looks as if someone used purple marker on it or something.I’m not disappointed I’m just happy to own a copy of this and I never had any intention of selling this off just seeing what it would grade at out of curiosity....how much would that market affect it do you think?

I did look at some of the completed auctions for this book in certified condition. I checked qualified and restored books. I actually can do some more checking on this and let you know, but my sense of this is your book still has significant value, even with the issues it has. I'd also be interested in hearing from other board members on their opinion. Grade-wise, this book looks to be in the Very Good/Fine area if it didn't have the missing value stamp, if that helps...

Edited by The Lions Den

15 minutes ago, Outatimedelorean said:

This might be a dumb question but I have never submitted a book before what is the cost on average and also do I have to choose between the purple or green label or they will handle that?

OK, here we go. Due to the estimated value and the current turnaround time, this book should probably be submitted as a Standard (up to $1000 value). The estimated turnaround time for standards is 15 business days and the cost is $65 per book. If you want to try go a little cheaper, you could submit it as an Economy Fast Track, which is currently an estimated 21 business days for $48 (and Economy is supposed to be used for books up to $400 in value---this book should exceed that value, so CGC may choose to bump it up to a Standard cost anyway). Or you could try sending it in as a regular Economy, which is currently at 43 business days for $38 (which again, may be bumped up to Standard cost anyway due to the value of the book---a really beat up ungraded copy with a missing MVS is at well over $500 right now on eBay with a couple of days left to go). As far as the label situation goes, I'm not really sure how they handle a book that has a missing value stamp AND restoration. In any event, even if you sell it raw on eBay in this condition, you should make out pretty well. I hope this helps and good luck!  (thumbsu