• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Wanted !

33 posts in this topic

No luck in the other forum so “hello” GA collectors ! 

I have a GA book that was bound at one time and presents with the following:

--Binder holes along the spine side of the pages

--Outer edge trimmed to fit in volume (some right up to artwork however AW is not affected)

-- Each page has been separated 

-- No CF or FC

--Most of Back cover is present

Opinions as to how this COULD POTENTIALLY  grade out between a NG and a 0.5 ?  I wouldn't ask if the back cover was not  present   Thanks everyone

Edited by Chicago Boy

5 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

No responses yet so I think this might do better anyway in the GA forum 

I have a GA book that was bound at one time and presents with the following:

--Binder holes along the spine side of the pages

--Outer edge trimmed to fit in volume (some right up to artwork however AW is not affected)

-- Each page has been separated 

-- No CF or FC

--Most of Back cover is present

Opinions as to how this COULD POTENTIALLY  grade out between a NG and a 0.5 ?  I wouldn't ask if the back cover was not  present   Thanks everyone

we need pic's

4 minutes ago, woowoo said:

we need pic's

You know the book well Woo-Woo :)  it took me 8 months to realize it came  with a back cover. Wasn’t in the description but in the pics — if it was mentioned to me by a boardie before this I wasn’t paying attention. #pleasantlysuprised. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-condition-coverless-and-missing-centerfold/a/7169-91027.s

22 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

You know the book well Woo-Woo :)  it took me 8 months to realize it came  with a back cover. Wasn’t in the description but in the pics — if it was mentioned to me by a boardie before this I wasn’t paying attention. #pleasantlysuprised. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-condition-coverless-and-missing-centerfold/a/7169-91027.s

its a solid 2.0 coverless with back cover to me if it was mine :headbang: But it would only be a .5 cgc  I would have each page graded than you would have 32 pages and a back cover ( oop's forgot no the centerfold ) so 30 pgs

Merryweather.jpg.73d7dc6051a77091d0ad0d757c0861a9.jpg Woo

Edited by woowoo

1 minute ago, woowoo said:

its a solid 2.0 coverless with back cover to me if it was mine :headbang: But I t would only .5 cgc  I would have each page graded than you would have 32 pages and a back cover

Merryweather.jpg.73d7dc6051a77091d0ad0d757c0861a9.jpg Woo

Ok. That makes two for 0.5. Thx Woo ! 

36 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

You sound damn confident Holden :)  

Look at the Action comics 10 .5 on comicconnect in the Event auction. 

A great unrestored affordable

Action comics 10!!

Without the front cover still looks nice cause of the Superman 1 cover Image?

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=782017

Edited by zen514

12 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Look at the Action comics 10 .5 on comicconnect in the Event auction. 

A great unrestored affordable

Action comics 10!!

Without the front cover still looks nice cause of the Superman 1 cover Image?

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=782017

Real Nice presenting book. Mine doesn't have its CF though and this one does.  Still think mine is a 0.5 ?  

3 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Real Nice presenting book. Mine doesn't have its CF though and this one does.  Still think mine is a 0.5 ?  

You need a the CF for sure. Without it its a NG

4 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I would think this would be a .5

I have an AF15 that is missing back cover, missing 1st wrap and missing CF and is in a blue label .5

Thanks Spyder for the “real life “ example.  I’m guessing others can provide examples to contradict that as we can all point to inconsistencies with grading at times. I really appreciate the example though of a book in your possession. Opinions with or without examples still wanted. Will update the thread once I get the book back