• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman: HUSH - Animated Movie (2019)

28 posts in this topic

I finally saw it last night, and really liked it.

I get it they wanted to bring a fresh change to the ending. It was good. It would have been cool to keep it as-is from the source. But it wasn't such a horrible change.

14 minutes ago, D84 said:

This article sums it up.

Batman: Hush - All 23 Changes The Movie Makes From The Comic
https://screenrant.com/batman-hush-movie-comic-changes-differences/

Thanks for posting this. A nice summary of all the changes. And there is a tie-in article to this.

Batman: Hush Changes The Comic’s Twist (& Improves The Story)

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Thanks for posting this. A nice summary of all the changes. And there is a tie-in article to this.

Batman: Hush Changes The Comic’s Twist (& Improves The Story)

I disagree that it improves the story.  Changing who Hush is destroys the impact on Bruce and his trust issues.

For sake of avoiding spoilers,  I'll leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, D84 said:

I disagree that it improves the story.  Changing who Hush is destroys the impact on Bruce and his trust issues.

For sake of avoiding spoilers,  I'll leave it at that.

Screenrant disagrees. :sumo:

:baiting:

Read the first article you posted. It goes through why the changes were made so this story fit into the DCAU world that has been created.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Screenrant disagrees. :sumo:

:baiting:

Read the first article you posted. It goes through why the changes were made so this story fit into the DCAU world that has been created.

I read the article, but doesn't mean I agree with their reasoning.  It is a good list of changes, and that's really it for me. 

Most of the changes I could live with, but changing Hush's true identity ruins the story for me. 

14 minutes ago, D84 said:

I read the article, but doesn't mean I agree with their reasoning.  It is a good list of changes, and that's really it for me. 

Most of the changes I could live with, but changing Hush's true identity ruins the story for me. 

I understand. And I respect when someone that appreciated the comic source is disappointed when it is translated to a new media. I would have liked for a wider audience to experience the original story.

But to me, this also worked and put a certain character in a better villainous light associated with their lore.

:foryou: