• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a slab that has the wrong title on it

6 posts in this topic

Just got a book in from an ebay purchase. It's a 9.8 Lando #1 from the mini series, 9/15 print date, action figure variant.  Unfortunately, the slab says it's Star Wars #1 action figure variant and 3/15 as the date. Looks like a mistake on CGC part. I notified the seller but I'm not asking for anything from them for it since I didn't really read the label closely. My only real question, is CGC required to put the correct label in there or would I have to pay for a re-slab?

8 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Just contact CGC.  They will reslab with shipping with no charge because error on their part.

Thank you. Contacted CS and Kevin was able to help me out. I sent him the photos and he said to send it on in with the same details and they will fix the error.  :banana:

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Photoc said:

Thank you. Contacted CS and Kevin was able to help me out. I sent him the photos and he said to send it on in with the same details and they will fix the error.  :banana:

I think you should list it on eBay as a "rare label error variant" and ask six figures for it.

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, Photoc said:

I think you should list it on eBay as a "rare label error variant" and ask six figures for it.

don't be greedy.  I think five figures should be reasonable.

13 hours ago, revat said:

don't be greedy.  I think five figures should be reasonable.

Sonuva... I wish I had known that before I sent it out yesterday lol.  

Edited by Photoc