• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

notice postal office opened and inspected media mail
2 2

90 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

He is also prickly and doesn't take criticism well, but what's new there?

and a thread hijacker and a person who never concedes any argument. Not that he will see this or respond to me (I am on his ignore list).

My advice is to make your point and leave it at that going forward. Otherwise you will find yourself on the 30th page of this thread still arguing over semantics or some minor typo or whatever else can be lobbed against you and trust me-- YOU WILL NEVER CHANGE THIS PERSONS MIND as RMA has NOT -- even one time to my knowledge -- ever conceded an argument even if you say "let's agree to disagree". In almost troll like fashion, the conversation will keep coming up as they dredge up various snippets of your previous posts until another shiny object(thread) begins to attract greater attention.

RMA is probably a nice person and I have no beef with them personally. I did at one point because I often felt like they were writing back in a condescending tone. But if you are talking about something they are passionate about (i.e. the intricacies of postal decisions)-- well they are about to make sure you know what's what (in their mind).

Sadly-- odds are good that they don't even use media mail to mail true comic books themselves. But why should that matter-- I mean.....

hang-on-someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong

6 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

RMA seems to confuse my posts about him as posts to him. (shrug)

Am I not my posts? Are my words not the essence of my being? If this is true, then are your posts about me not also posts to me?

If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.

- Wm. Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice", Act 3, scene 1.

I shall not dissemble about disassembling my dissemination of these declarations!

24 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

and a thread hijacker and a person who never concedes any argument. Not that he will see this or respond to me (I am on his ignore list).

My advice is to make your point and leave it at that going forward. Otherwise you will find yourself on the 30th page of this thread still arguing over semantics or some minor typo or whatever else can be lobbed against you and trust me-- YOU WILL NEVER CHANGE THIS PERSONS MIND as RMA has NOT -- even one time to my knowledge -- ever conceded an argument even if you say "let's agree to disagree". In almost troll like fashion, the conversation will keep coming up as they dredge up various snippets of your previous posts until another shiny object(thread) begins to attract greater attention.

RMA is probably a nice person and I have no beef with them personally. I did at one point because I often felt like they were writing back in a condescending tone. But if you are talking about something they are passionate about (i.e. the intricacies of postal decisions)-- well they are about to make sure you know what's what (in their mind).

Sadly-- odds are good that they don't even use media mail to mail true comic books themselves. But why should that matter-- I mean.....

hang-on-someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong

Who are the problems here, really...? I mean, when we really get down to it, who are the real problems around here?

The person who makes good faith efforts to discuss these issues, as in depth as anyone wishes to take them, responding point for point, just as anyone has the reasonable right to do...

...or the people...like "DavidTheDavid" and "01TheDude"...who take the opportunity to assassinate the character of someone because they can?

No one is forced to debate. No one has a gun held to their heads, demanding they respond. No one is required to argue and argue and argue and argue and then complain when the other party meets them point for point.

No, they are offended that someone disagrees with them, and they are offended that people don't concede to THEM, so they go out of their way to character assassinate.

...and, of course, get a thread like this locked.

I have no beef with them personally. 

The rest of that post puts the lie to this statement. Quite effectively.

My advice is to make your point and leave it at that going forward. Otherwise you will find yourself on the 30th page of this thread still arguing

That's exactly right...and, unbeknownst to "01TheDude", he's made my point: you will still be arguing. 

YOU...will still be arguing. See the point? So, it's perfectly acceptable to others to argue and argue and argue and argue...but it's NOT ok for someone to respond. Is he unaware that it takes AT LEAST two people to "argue"...?

His advice is sound: make your point and leave it at that going forward. If you choose to debate the point further you have no one to "blame" but yourself.

People here aren't children, and this isn't high school. If you want to debate...debate. Who cares how long it is? If it's a good debate, what does it matter if it's "30 pages"? If you don't want to debate, the answer is the same as it has ever been: don't debate.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

6 minutes ago, s-dali said:

@01TheDude it looks like you are no longer on his ignore list. LOL!!

Nope-- still on ignore-- just tried sending a message and was unable-- that means I am on their ignore list. You can choose to view something and apparently they are doing that with my posts. Usually they respond to the ones where I try to give my opinion. But I guess the only ones they want to respond to are those in which they feel they are ...

18 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No, they are offended that someone disagrees with them, and they are offended that people don't concede to THEM, so they go out of their way to character assassinate.

I never asked them to concede anything to me. I gave several posts about the actual issue of how to best send a comic book in the mail -- NOT WHAT MIGHT BE FEASIBLE. In short-- please stop using media mail to send comic books. I don't care if it is possible or not or even not clearly stated by those who make the rules. Not important to me-- I want people to stop using this sheety service for comics period.

RMA can get upset about me all they want-- this is not about them at all. Feel free to continue arguing--- that is fine. I've been down this rabbit hole again. Enjoy your turn.

Edited by 01TheDude

18 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

People here aren't children, and this isn't high school. If you want to debate...debate. Who cares how long it is? If it's a good debate, what does it matter if it's "30 pages"? If you don't want to debate, the answer is the same as it has ever been: don't debate.

This from someone who earlier in the thread used the phrase “U mad bro...?”

But it’s great fodder for r/iamverysmart.

I think consideration should be given as to why there is Media Mail. My understanding is that it was intended to be a cost-efficient way to send educational material. I’m certain it was not created for sellers to send comic books. I’m sure most comics sent through the mail are not educational material. Although an argument may be made that it is not specifically prohibited in the DMM, you’d be overlooking the “spirit” of the rule. Besides, as it has been pointed out over and over, Media Mail is not the best option for sending comics.