• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Holder-Caused Waviness? Recourse?

3 posts in this topic

Has the waviness of the pictured book been caused by the CGC holder?  Is this holder from the period (approx. 04/16 - 06/16, I understand) when the new style holder did not have an inner well?  What will CGC do about it?  Will it need pressing?  Thank you for your help.

20180728_113443[1].jpg

20180728_113539[1].jpg

20180728_113552[1].jpg

Yup.  That's the Creep-Engine Case.  Your book was encapsulated on 3/30/16, so you got an early one.  This isn't unusual, CGC actually started the program in February of that year on a limited basis.

Certification Information

Certification #: 1208792012
Title: Marvel Chillers
Issue: 6
Issue Date: 8/76
Issue Year: 1976
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Grade: 9.6
Total Graded At: 4
Page Quality: WHITE
Grade Date: 03/30/2016
Variant: 30 Cent Price Variant
Category: Modern
Art Comments: Tony Isabella story
John Byrne & Frank Springer art
Rich Buckler & Mike Esposito cover
Key Comments: Tigra.
Red Wolf & Super-Skrull appearance.
Grader Notes: None Available

I'd get it out of that case and have it re-holdered if I were you.  As far as needing a press, you're in the zone at 9.6 so it's possible that it might.  On the other hand, your book is only exhibiting mild waviness, so it might relax back to normal once released from that particular holder.

Just contact CGC customer service, they'll take care of you.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Yup.  That's the Creep-Engine Case.  Your book was encapsulated on 3/30/16, so you got an early one.  This isn't unusual, CGC actually started the program in February of that year on a limited basis.

I'd get it out of that case and have it re-holdered if I were you.  As far as needing a press, you're in the zone at 9.6 so it's possible that it might.  On the other hand, your book is only exhibiting mild waviness, so it might relax back to normal once released from that particular holder.

Just contact CGC customer service, they'll take care of you.

Thanks.  Will do.  Why called a "Creep-Engine" case?