• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers Annual 2 LSC find

6 posts in this topic

Please help me with this one I bought it yesterday without opening, when I did I found that it appears never to have been read the front cover was extremely tight for a square bound book. the Spine is is perfect unlike many I have seen. The only issue is the back, on the very bottom perhaps a press and a clean would clear it up. The Presser would not even need to open up the book and a grader would be petrified since the pages have never seen the light of day..... what do you think?

id6f81.jpg

28lqolg.jpg

thanks in advance  Paul    "Long Time Collector since '56"

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I think it's a nice copy. A clean and press would help that back cover. Believe it or not, a grader will look at this book and not think twice about counting the pages. I'm in the VF range as it sits right now...nice find!  

I really hope they do not break spine....

14 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Do you mean when they press it or when they count the pages..? 

I had a GS X-men done   perfectly....      I was (joking) about the grader opening the book wide to check the pages  I'm sure they grade these all the time (recently I saw a 9.8 graded square bound)   anyway I have a choice of two really great pressers.  The cover looks like it came out of a time machine from the past.  I'm happy either way.