• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raw Comic Pricing 9.4/9.6/9.8
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I’m about to sell a lot of high grade raw books (McFarlane ASMs for the most part) and am using the Overstreet guide for pricing.

My question is how does everyone price books that are 9.4/9.6/9.8 as the guide only goes to 9.2

If a 9.2 is $10.00 would you go 1.5 for a 9.4? - meaning $15.00 and 2.0 $20.00 for a 9.6?

I want to be fair with this boardie. Most of these books will be 9.6+ copies.

28 minutes ago, bug33fouf said:

:popcorn: u can use the cgc grade for pricing ,but minus slab fee and a few dollars.since its not graded...

I agree with this rather than using a multiplier. Many books regardless of raw or slabbed don't realize the guide price and in some instances they exceed it. It really depends on the issue and never more so than with the McFarlane run. Certain covers sell for guide and more whereas others sit below. Look at #306 & 307 as an example. The guide prices both at $16 in 9.2 but #306 with its cool Action #1 cover swipe sells for much more (last sale $175) than the Ho Hum #307 (last sale $115).

59 minutes ago, bug33fouf said:

:popcorn: u can use the cgc grade for pricing ,but minus slab fee and a few dollars.since its not graded...

So, are you really saying that most buyers would be willing to pay full CGC graded prices (less estimated slabbing fees & postage) for a raw book even though it hasn't been officially graded by an independent 3rd party grading service?  ??? 

If this is indeed the case, I assume the grading companies would not remain in business for much longer.  

I will pay a premium for raw comics that are actually in the grade described, but I won’t pay slabbed prices. I see people, and many dealers, who seem to think slabbed prices are the new guide price. I disagree with that, but will pay a markup even for newer books, like copper age, that are truly in high grade. So many common books are sold overgraded in abundance. When I find someone like paperheart or Ghost Town who actually deliver on the grades, I will pay more for their stuff.

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I will pay a premium for raw comics that are actually in the grade described, but I won’t pay slabbed prices. I see people, and many dealers, who seem to think slabbed prices are the new guide price. I disagree with that, but will pay a markup even for newer books, like copper age, that are truly in high grade. So many common books are sold overgraded in abundance. When I find someone like paperheart or Ghost Town who actually deliver on the grades, I will pay more for their stuff.

I agree I see this at shows with some dealers and I shake my head and walk away. If you cant price a raw book then you are missing 90% of the market. 

14 hours ago, lou_fine said:
15 hours ago, bug33fouf said:

So, are you really saying that most buyers would be willing to pay full CGC graded prices (less estimated slabbing fees & postage) for a raw book even though it hasn't been officially graded by an independent 3rd party grading service?  ??? 

If this is indeed the case, I assume the grading companies would not remain in business for much longer.  

It depends on the seller and the buyer.

If the buyer needs a copy and the seller is a trustworthy seller it happens. I have sold many books in grade for a slight discount to GPA.