• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Lois Lane #46

10 posts in this topic

PGM Superman's Girlfriend Loise Lane #46.  Not a key, not a major title, but a nice looking silver age book.

No hidden defects, pages are OW/W possibly W spine is tight enough that fully opening the book might cause damage.

I personally thought this is an 8.5/9.0, just wanted to see what others thought, TIA.

img20180810_02212809.jpg

img20180810_02270353.jpg

20180810_023356.jpg

Thanks for all of the replies, appreciate it.  Unfortunately, this is a book that I never intended to get graded.  Came from a bunch of books that I bought from a "single owner" collection.  Supposedly they were read and then bagged and boarded.  Page quality and cover gloss/inks are exceptional, but there is wear to the covers as they weren't stored in the best way (two comics per bag and board, one on each side of the board.) I'm having a little trouble putting a grade on some of the books because the cover gloss/colors are really sharp along with the page quality being really high.  Looking at just the scans, I see a 7.0/7.5 but with the actual book in hand, I keep going higher, especially compared to some silver age CGC 8.0/8.5's I have.  Maybe I'm not deducting enough for color rub, personally think minor color rub presents much better than color breaking spine creases/ticks.

Have some other nice books from the same collection I might post.  Always trying to sharpen my grading skills, always great to have the boards as a resource.