• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 28

13 posts in this topic

I agree 5.5. Nice book! 

(edit) looks like this book could have higher potential if some of that grime is able to come off the spine & back cover + a press.I love this book. It's one that I won't be happy with till I find one without a ton of spice tics + a nice wrap with no white showing on the spine. Not easy. 

Edited by Not A Clone

Questions for the wise ones!  

Does the crooked image on the FC look like a manufacturing flaw or from sitting in a stack in a cardboard container for 40 years? (which it did!)  Some I can tell but this one has me wondering.  

Cleaning the rear cover?  Is that something I could/should attempt?  I'll do some searching through these boards on cleaning, see what I come up with.  

Is there a chart somewhere with White vs Off-white vs Creamy vs baby-poo brown that I could print and  compare my pages to?  

1) Production flaw

2) I personally wouldn't

3) One of these.. Available online still. Really, you shouldn't need this, as you'll get to know from experience the more comics you handle.(thumbsu

Related image

Edited by Gnasher

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

1) Production flaw

2) I personally wouldn't

3) One of these.. Available online still. Really, you shouldn't need this, as you'll get to know from experience the more comics you handle.(thumbsu

Related image

Thanks!  I now must find the back side of that card to see what the ONE is. (To satisfy my curiosity). I'm getting better at this, I still grade things about a point higher than everyone else, going through this forum.  So now I can just take the grade I would say and subtract 1. I will be posting some more tonight/tomorrow.

10 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

The CGC numerical system is generally the one everyone uses these days, and the whiteness level of the pages is usually evaluated without any need for the OWL card. I appreciate the fact that you're willing to learn---experience really is the best teacher...:)

9 hours ago, tv horror said:

I thought these were not used anymore as the grading faded overtime?

No they're not used, but OP asked about a chart, and I did emphasise experience being the best way. (thumbsu