• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #239...Stains?

7 posts in this topic

Not really so much of a PGM, but a "where is it"? Grader notes, say "Multiple stains on back cover". Knocked it down to a 9.2. Other than the mud on the kid, I'm not seeing it. Maybe it is there & I'm just missing it. Anyone see these multiple stains? 

ASM_239_2.jpg

Yeah, I'm not seeing the stains either--even after magnifying the image. The "stains" on the kids' shoes, pants, and near the signature DO look a little like the kind of stains you'd expect to see on a damaged comic, though. 

Side note: Jack Davis is such a great artist. His artwork made me consider buying this back in the day until I I played it at a friend's house. 

15 minutes ago, mcgillicutty said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing the stains either--even after magnifying the image. The "stains" on the kids' shoes, pants, and near the signature DO look a little like the kind of stains you'd expect to see on a damaged comic, though. 

Side note: Jack Davis is such a great artist. His artwork made me consider buying this back in the day until I I played it at a friend's house. 

Atari had some great ads back in the day. The games still required you to use your imagination though lol. 

1 minute ago, Not A Clone said:

Atari had some great ads back in the day. The games still required you to use your imagination though lol. 

Yeah, I still feel stung after buying their "adaptation" of Pac-Man. You definitely needed a lot of imagination to think you were playing Pac-Man at home. These days I have a lot of appreciation of the technical constraints Atari programmers were operating under. 

1 minute ago, mcgillicutty said:

Yeah, I still feel stung after buying their "adaptation" of Pac-Man. You definitely needed a lot of imagination to think you were playing Pac-Man at home. These days I have a lot of appreciation of the technical constraints Atari programmers were operating under. 

I remember being disappointed that my Pac-Man "patterns" that I had memorized for the arcade wouldn't work on Atari Pac-Man, lol. 

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Looks to me like they're between the logo for the Arcade Games Series and the spine edge.

This.  And another one near the upper spine around the small yellow/orange box that's located above the orange box and closest to the spine.  Wow, that is seriously picky. 

Edited by davet75