• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Flash #218 (Adams GL)

5 posts in this topic

So, I found this last week and couldn't pass on the price. I already own a nice copy. One thing I struggle with in grading is how the back cover effects the overall grade. Specifically, there is just under a 1/4" tear on the lower, left side back cover (next to where it says "Engine Up". ) Not sure if this plummets the book in grade. That said, I took a flyer due to the overall price and I'm not really out much. 

Thanks!

FLASH218.jpeg

FLASH218BC.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

I'll go 8.0-ish as it is only because of the back wrinkles. Looks like they could be pressed out though and could be a 9-9.4. Great looking book!

Looking in OSPG, I can't figure out what the 1/4" back cover tear does? Hard to see in picture. I was thinking an 8.0 when I saw it but not sure if the tear drops it all the way down to a 4.0? Front cover's really clean and sharp

55 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Looking in OSPG, I can't figure out what the 1/4" back cover tear does? Hard to see in picture. I was thinking an 8.0 when I saw it but not sure if the tear drops it all the way down to a 4.0? Front cover's really clean and sharp

Missed that. Looks like a 9.2 is the max with that tear. This was just posted in another thread. Very helpful for this sort of thing.

grades_max.jpg