• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Few Top Of Census GA Barks' FC & WDC&S (21%+ DISCOUNT)
1 1

9 posts in this topic

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME USING THE SELLING FORUM!  Don't worry, I will provide references or other information upon request to satisfy you that sending me payment is safe.  

Shipping: Actual cost as agreed to by buyer (who may have choice of shipping method).

Who wins: Time stamp seals the deal as to who wins regardless of the form of communication (including PM or thread post).   

No House Of Shame or Probationary members or any others of ill repute.

Returns: Are allowed for reasonable cause if notice is given within 48 hours of receipt of the book.  I really doubt this will be an issue, but life is too short to fight over comics so I will be very reasonable if there is some issue.

Payment: Paypal, bank wire, or check.  No credit cards (I'm not a dealer).  If you have other ideas, feel free to discuss with me.

AS STATED BELOW I WILL ENTERTAIN OFFERS BY PM.   CHECK OUT THE PRICE DROP IN MY LAST POST BELOW!

Edited by sfcityduck

Book 2:

Also freshly back from CGC, Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #137 (Dell, 1952) CGC NM 9.4 WHITE PAGES. Carl Barks story, cover, and art. 2 in 9.4, none higher.  The other 9.4 (a "File Copy") has only "Off-White Pages," so this is a clearly better quality copy.  

More importantly, this copy is a subscription variant!  It was mailed to the OO and has the OO's address PRINTED (not a sticker) in the address box on the back.  Subscription variants have different back cover art than regular editions, and probably were printed first.  It is a true "unicorn" - a subscription variant that is higher graded than the top file copy!  This is a super cool book for a DD or WDC&S collector because when will you ever see a top of census subscription variant 9.4 WHITE again?  This book comes from a collection of Barks' DD books compiled by the same OO which have yielded other top of census copies.

The 9.4 OW file copy sold on Heritage on February 28, 2009 for $1,792.50.  For my friends on the CGC boards, I will part with this for $1,500. SEE PRICE DROP BELOW!  I WILL ALSO CONSIDER OFFERS BY PM.

image.thumb.png.34c8d56db0e940b36670ae76a98ed6e1.png

Edited by sfcityduck

One of the other top of census FC 328 CGC 9.6 OW-W sold last month on August 2, 2018 for $4,560.00, this was up from $4,302.00 in August 2017.  My price for this fresh to the market FC 328 CGC 9.6 OW-W is $4,200.

The WDC&S 137 CGC 9.4 OW file copy sold on Heritage on February 28, 2009 for $1,792.50.  My price for the better quality WDC&S 137 CGC 9.4 WHITE (which is much much rarer in high grade subscription variant) is $1,500. 

Thus, the most recent sale prices for these two books is approximately $6,352.50.  I'm offering them for $5,700 ($650+ discount). 

But, if you feel you have interest in either book at a lower price, I will now consider offers by PM.  AND CHECK OUT THE PRICE DROP BELOW!

Edited by sfcityduck

PRICE DROP!  

These are great books which deserve a good home.  $5,000 for BOTH BOOKS and they are yours!  Note:  This is a $1,352.50 (21%+) discount off of the last two auction prices for books in these grades (the page quality on of these books is superior!).

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on the books!  I know Ducks are not usually sold on these forums, and sadly it looks like these books are not any exception.  I'll be going another route, unless a latecomer to the party shows some interest.  

Gotta say, lots of neat books being posted on this Labor Day weekend.