• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four 13
1 1

8 posts in this topic

The majors defects are the 1/8" tear on back cover and the small color breaking creases on spine, but also mild soiling of the lower back cover and front cover edge near the chipping.

6.0-6.5

presents better since major defects are on back cover and only noticeable close up on the front cover, so could very well grade higher with CGC using their "general appearance grade - defects = final grade" formula

note: there has been extensive discussion on this forum regarding "technical Overstreet" grades and "CGC" grades, as these are 2 separate grading systems that share many similarities but differ significantly on some major issues

Edited by davet75

5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

agree .. VG/F maybe ?? looks like was stored in an attic ??

Attic stored books = long term exposure to 120 degree, dry summer heat thus the covers retain their gloss but tendency to dust shadows and gradient edge toning and brittleness, especially the spine. It's a miracle that this book survived in it's hot, dry storage environment without any apparent spine splitting! 13s seem to be notorious for spine splits when the pages are tan and there's edge tone!

That tear on the b.c. looks more like 3/8" than 1/8" to me but whatever. The cutter tears and chipping on the right edge I dont believe are knocked down so much as its coughed up to production defects. This looks like a pretty solid book. Not alot of edge wear and creases and it has good color and looks pretty flat. I would give this a minimum of 5.0 no way this is a 4.5 in my book as there is just a big lack of surface wear and corner creases that are present in a 4.5.

5.5 would not be out of the question for me, but I can't see real well with this mask and glasses on. 

Edited by DR.X