• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superboy 68 with Missing Page PayPal Claim Denied

47 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Comic Link. Comic Connect. Heritage. This Site. Probably more im not aware of. Hell I used to buy books from people on Face Book back when I was still a member.

No none of them have the exposure as ebay. You and I can all change that but it requires leaving ebay. Saying NO to buying AND selling.

Comic Link, Comic Connect, Heritage, AND this site do not have nearly the traffic for the type of material I sell, their fees are all substantially higher than eBay (the forum excluded, of course...but no one buys here unless they can make money on it themselves), and they take substantially longer to pay out.

While I respect your philosophy, I'm not a young man, and don't have the time nor ability to forego the by-far highest exposure for my sales that exists.

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Comic Link, Comic Connect, Heritage, AND this site do not have nearly the traffic for the type of material I sell, their fees are all substantially higher than eBay (the forum excluded, of course...but no one buys here unless they can make money on it themselves), and they take substantially longer to pay out.

While I respect your philosophy, I'm not a young man, and don't have the time nor ability to forego the by-far highest exposure for my sales that exists.

I wish you luck on the bay! I still browse the site almost every day but i'm really cautious as I read so many negative comments. I really don't want to get scammed or have some bogus feedback left for me. All I read about these days is people quitting ebay because they can't take it anymore. Then you see ebay giving buyers 15 and 20% coupons all the time and it makes you wonder...... are these guys in a sinking ship and they're doing whatever they can to get people back. Well it works for me. Only purchase as of late came from a 20% coupon.  :)  But thats when the buying ended.

26 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I wish you luck on the bay! I still browse the site almost every day but i'm really cautious as I read so many negative comments. I really don't want to get scammed or have some bogus feedback left for me. All I read about these days is people quitting ebay because they can't take it anymore. Then you see ebay giving buyers 15 and 20% coupons all the time and it makes you wonder...... are these guys in a sinking ship and they're doing whatever they can to get people back. Well it works for me. Only purchase as of late came from a 20% coupon.  :)  But thats when the buying ended.

Well people only post when there's a problem so you never hear about the thousands of smooth transactions.  I myself have done plenty of buying and selling and no horror stories to report.

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I haven't sold on eBay since January, but I may have to start selling again soon.

Seriously, if you find a site that's at least comparable to eBay, please do share. The ones you mentioned are GREAT...if you're selling high grade Silver, or key Gold, or art, or the like.

If you're selling, say, Fantastic Four #349 SS...well...that's not their target market, unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, pjray55 said:

That is the listing, thank you for finding it

Ok someone invite the seller over here for a chat.

This is in the sellers description. "The inside looks pretty good" If he actually opened the book.... I know neither did the OP... he would not have been able to in good conscience say the inside looked good.  I say we all bug ebay about this until they either make this right or ban us all.

This is a Superboy #68 which is the first Bizarro. Cover has some issues, the inside looks pretty good. Please look at pictures for details and condition and use them to make your own judgement on condition and grade.

This is a no reserve auction!!!

I have some other great comics I just got so check my other auctions!