• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any good shops north or south of lakes Erie and Ontario?

9 posts in this topic

Planning a family trip to the Adirondacks in late August and would like to hit a few good shops.

I'm primarily interested in Bronze Age Marvels and DC's as well as Silver Age Marvels.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Planning a family trip to the Adirondacks in late August and would like to hit a few good shops.

I'm primarily interested in Bronze Age Marvels and DC's as well as Silver Age Marvels.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

North Of Lake Ontario is Canada so lots of stores in Toronto

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

North Of Lake Ontario is Canada so lots of stores in Torontos

But are they good? poke2.gif

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

VERY VERY GOOD

Better than American Ones poke2.gif

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

VERY VERY GOOD

Better than American Ones poke2.gif

Any particularly good ones? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The family is not likely to allow me more than a couple of stops (unless I keep getting "lost" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, of course wink.gif ), so a couple of good recommendations per city/town/village is preferred.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

You do realize you are talking hundreds of miles here. There is a reason why they are called THE GREAT LAKES,and why early settlers called them an inland sea.There are some great shops in Toronto but that is easily a days car-ride RT from most of the mountains.

There used to be a few good shops in Rochester NY and one in Brockport(about 10 miles west of Rochester) that had decent SA/BA selection but I have not been there in awhile.

If you are going to be up in the Lake Placid area,you are several hours away from anywhere.

You do realize you are talking hundreds of miles here. There is a reason why they are called THE GREAT LAKES,and why early settlers called them an inland sea.There are some great shops in Toronto but that is easily a days car-ride RT from most of the mountains.

There used to be a few good shops in Rochester NY and one in Brockport(about 10 miles west of Rochester) that had decent SA/BA selection but I have not been there in awhile.

If you are going to be up in the Lake Placid area,you are several hours away from anywhere.

Yep... planning on driving from Wisconsin to Adirondacks and back, so it would be a stop along-the-way scenario since I'd likely not go that way again.

If you are driving I-90 through New York, you'll be passing through Buffalo, Rochester, and most likely Syracuse (if you plan on hooking up to route 81). In Buffalo, I'd suggest Queen City Bookstore. In Rochester, there is Wonderland Comics (www.wonderlandswebsite.com) and Empire Comics on 1176 Mt Hope Ave. All have an excellent selection of Bronze as well as an array of Silver age books with a few Golden age books too. At most, any of these shops will be about 20-30 minutes from I-90. There used to be a couple of good shops in Syracuse but they have long since closed their doors. I'm not sure if any have replaced them since.