• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted Superman 199 (first race) in 9.4 or 9.6

41 posts in this topic

9.4's have gone a few times in the past year on ebay....I think thelatinsensation (ebay name) was one guy who either owned one or sold one in the past year...I tracked that auction...

It's not that bad. Certainly not hideous.

Just looked at it again...I'll withdraw "hideous" and replace it with "a bit wonky". This may be the only time I'll ever have a nice book, so please forgive my exuberance tongue.gif

and I expect that you would be looking for some time....Heritage is probably going to be the place that a nice 9.4/9.6 will show up....or you can always send a want list to Jason ewert, comic link, metro, etc.....

and I expect that you would be looking for some time....Heritage is probably going to be the place that a nice 9.4/9.6 will show up....or you can always send a want list to Jason ewert, comic link, metro, etc.....

This brings up an interesting aspect of the psychology of collecting...Rube wants a 9.4/9.6. No one can find one for sale. I personally would probably go for a 9.0 or 9.2 if I simply couldn't find a book on my wants list.

What would bother people more, a gap in a run, or the number on the label? I have upgraded books in the past, but usually from sub-VG to 8.0-9.0. I think the gap would definitely be more of a "problem" to (Cartman voice) my fragile little mind!

I'm not knockin' ya, Rube, it's just vaguely interesting to me how different collectors can be! smile.gif Just thinking aloud...

You know I was just thinking about this very same thing a few days ago. I am fininshing my Green Lantern collection from 1960 to present and I had the same situation come up. My first quick thought was to get a 9.0 just to get the copy but then I thought that it is not the grade I really wanted (9.6) and instead of spending the money on the 9.0 just wait, I could always get a low grade copy just to have the gap filled and it wouldn't cost much.Some people feel they could get the 9.0 for now and when they see the 9.6(or whichever grade you are going for)they could upgrade & then sell the lower grade book.

So my final conclusion is............. I am confused now and am not sure what I am going to do(ha,ha)

What I did do last week was purchase a CGC 9.2 WHITE PAGE GREEN LANTERN BOOK even though I am going to search for a higher copy. I just decided to sell all of my Toy collection and Sport cards to collect more money for some more GREEN LANTERNS.